My webcam has stopped working. How do I fix the problem?

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-2150us laptop with a built in webcam. When I try to use the webcam it says it has stopped working, and a message that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. When I go into the Imaging devices it says it is working properly. I tried to reinstall the driver software using... show more I have an HP Pavilion dv6-2150us laptop with a built in webcam. When I try to use the webcam it says it has stopped working, and a message that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. When I go into the Imaging devices it says it is working properly. I tried to reinstall the driver software using link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4121143&task=& as provided by the HP driver update support team. IIt downloads o.k. but when I try to launched it tells me it detected my software and I must uninstall and then install. When I try to uninstall it says I have to close yahoo messenger first and retry. I don't have yahoo messenger open and when I retry it just comes right back to the sam message about closing messenger and retry. I am totally frustrated and sure do need some very specific help..
2 answers 2