Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

What do they do at a physical exam? HELP!?

K so for sports we have to have a exam they have always been pretty easy and ive never had to take off clothes theyl just lift up my shirt to see my spine and other stuff like that.

But people are always talking about genitial physical exams? And they make you take off all your clothes?

Im confused, i know they do that for birth control but is it like a needed thing for a high school year?

cuz im going into a sophmore year and just wanna know what to expect....

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First thing don't be nervous or scared to go for a physical the doctors are there to make sure you are healthy. First thing the nurse will call your name and bring you back your parent or guardian will come in with you. The nurse will then check your height and weight and vision. If they need a urine sample they will give you a cup and show you to the restroom. After that the nurse will bring you to the exam room and take your blood pressure and pulse. After that the nurse will ask you to undressed and give you a paper or cloth gown to put on you can leave your bra and underwear on. She will then leave and closed the door so you can changed into the gown. If you don't want your parent or gaurdain in the room while you are changing you can ask them to step outside and then come back in when you are in your gown. The doctor and nurse will knocked to see if you are ready and you will say come in. The doctor will ask you about your period and how was your summer and ask your mom about if you are updated in shots. If you are not updated in the shots they will do them after the physical. The doctor will then check your breathing and your glands he will then ask you to get up and check your back for scoilios and have you walk in a line and also will check your balance on your tippy toes. He will then tell you to hopped back on the table and ask you to lay down he will lift up your gown and feel around your tummy he will also check more breathing and your heart with a sephescope around your chest but will not look at your boobs or touched them. He will ask your parent or guardian if it will be alright to check to see if your are developing down there but he is only looking down near your pubic area not down there. He will then sign you out and tell you to get dressed and you can go home unless you need to update your shots. I am 14/f

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't believe there are any genital examinations, or anything that involves taking off your clothes (minus lifting up your shirt for spinal reasons).

For mine, they just checked my spine, breathing, height, weight, blood pressure (the stuff you probably did at yours).

• 3 years ago

Your word is an prolonged way too long, yet I did examine and listed right here are my suggestions. - Kicking interior the groin is a low blow. I comprehend this could be a self-defence direction and he would desire to have been donning protection, yet you will desire to have been truthfully specific that he grew to become into donning it till now appearing one in each and every of those pass. - Scolding him for no longer donning protection grew to become into irrelevant. Making the infertility shaggy dog tale grew to become into no longer interior the appropriate flavor, yet you have been only attempting to loosen up the placement. - your guy or woman healthcare expert grew to become into nice (ven if she is a youthful woman) as long as he grew to become into soft along with her. - you will desire to no longer have been contemporary whilst he grew to become into examined. i presumed that when toddlers are over the age of sixteen, dad and mom weren't allowed to be contemporary and medical doctors are no longer allowed to talk treatment devoid of the youngster's consent. perchance issues are distinctive the place you reside. - you will desire to no longer have pronounced his injury in front of anybody else, male or woman devoid of his permission. you likely shouldn't additionally be discussing it right here devoid of his permission, yet too overdue for that - you have asked this question a minimum of 5 situations interior the final 2 days right here... only stop, mom! - do no longer talk it with him (except he brings it up) or anybody else anymore and get a clean important different in self-defence class.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.