How many times can you buy and sell the same stock symbol in a day?

Hello guys! I recently opened a new Invidivual account with scottrade. I'm a very new to investing and I have a few questions that needs to be answered. I've been told that I can buy the same stock symbol as much as many times as I want but then I've been told by another person that I should the same... show more Hello guys! I recently opened a new Invidivual account with scottrade. I'm a very new to investing and I have a few questions that needs to be answered. I've been told that I can buy the same stock symbol as much as many times as I want but then I've been told by another person that I should the same stock typically once every 30 days and if I buy and sell more frequently, the IRS considers those wash sales and special rules apply. Here's my account summary. Tell me from my account summary that you see that I need to fix or put more in which you think might cause me trouble in the future.

Settled Cash Balance
Settled Funds at Scottrade $4,800.00
Unsettled Purchase and Sales -$2,436.89
Total Cash Balance $2,363.11

Cash Available for Withdrawal
Settled Funds Available for Trading $118.46
Restricted Funds* $0.00
Total Cash Available for Withdrawal $118.46

Trades Waiting for Settlement
Sales Waiting for Settlement $147.80
Purchases Waiting for Settlement $2,584.69
Total Trades Waiting for Settlement -$2,436.89

Funds Available for Trading
Cash Balance $2,363.11
Funds Applied to Open Buy Orders -$2,096.85
Total Funds Available for Trading $266.26

Positions Market Value
Stocks, Mutual Funds, CDs & Bonds Market Value $2,511.68
Options Market Value $0.00
Total Positions Market Value $2,511.68

Total Account Value (Positions + Cash Balance)
Positions Market Value $2,511.68
Cash Balance $2,363.11
Total Brokerage Account Value $4,874.79

I'm not sure if I have a non-margin account but I've been told that if I do, I can buy and sell as many times as i like, provided I have enough settled funds to cover all those trades (i.e. you can't use unsettled funds for a new trade).