10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

look up Formica I think it is the same or similar

• nokes
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Melamine Wood

• 5 years ago

Source(s): 16000 woodworking Projects Here : http://woodworkingplans.siopu.com/?AUm
  • GTB
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

There is no such thing as melamine wood.

One particular use for a melamine polymer is in the manufacturer of high pressure laminate sheet that is most often used as counter tops and most often as kitchen counter top.

The major US producer is Wilson Art and the next in volume is Formica.

The Formica trademark is often used without respect for its trademark status to define all melamine sheet product.

The melamine sheet is a durable, hard, slightly brittle, rugged, wear resistant material that can be pigmented, colored, and printed into a host of different colors, decorations, etc.

I could go on and on about the chemistry involved but I suspect this is not your interest.

Source(s): Chemical Engineer who was involved in melamine production for many years
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Melamine is particle board with a hard thin coating on both sides. The sheets come in various colors, white, beige, wood grain and black. The trick with cutting melamine and get a crisp clean cut is the blade that you use as well as the power of the saw that you use to cut it. There are special blades that are designed to cut melamine. The more horse power the better.

Source(s): carpenter
  • 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is melamine wood?

Source(s): melamine wood: https://tr.im/OW0K9
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

What Is Melamine

• donnyv
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Its a laminated material that has a wood grain effect. Its the same as melamine

• Night
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Melamine is the name for laminated particle board.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.