What is there to do in Detroit?

My family and I will be in the Detroit area in a few weeks and would like to know what we should do

Favorite Answer

Detroit offers a wide variety of things to do as a family. Things to do include parks, arcades, amusement parks, theme restaurants, go-karts and miniature golf.

Detroit Science Center, Detroit Princess Riverboat, Belle Isle Park, Pewabic Pottery, Chandler Park Family Aquatic Center as well as the Detroit Garden Center are all wonderful family attractions.

At the same time, that city features a variety dining places. You can also take your parents to some best restaurants in Houston, which will be sure to make your travel there much more interesting and memorable. Here are some great restaurants.

1. Xochimilco Restaurant: 3409 Bagley St Detroit, Michigan +1 313 843 0179

This popular Mexicantown eatery often has a dining crowd filing its three rooms downstairs, spilling over onto the second floor, drawn by its large portions.

2. Hockeytown Cafe: 2301 Woodward Ave Detroit, Michigan 965-2222, +1 248 645 6666, +1 31

The tasty foods and the considerate services there will never fail you.

3. Traffic Jam & Snug Restaurant: 511 W Canfield St Detroit, Michigan +1 313 831 9470

This local favorite is famous for its onsite brewpub, bakery, and dairy. A changing menu offers both vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare.

4. Music Menu: 511 Monroe St Detroit, MI 48226 +1 313 964 6368

Music Menu - A great place in Greektown to catch smooth jazz and blues in an intimate setting.

Maybe my info is not elaborate enough, so you can consult some local webs. What is more, some of these webs even provide you good hotel options and latest weather forecast. If you want to have am perfect travel in Detroit, the following info will do you a great favor.

http://www.detroithotelsadvisor.com/hotels

http://www.detroithotelsadvisor.com/hotels-travel/...

Tigers Game, Casino (MGM or Greektown), go to some of the great restaurants (Coach Insignia, Opus One, Signature Grille, Andiamo, Pizza Papalis, ect), go to the Detroit Institute of Art, visit the Cranbrook Institute of Science, Henry Ford Museum, ect.

http://www.squidoo.com/cooldetroitplaces

Stay in Downtown Detroit if you want to keep your wallet. Whiteboy

• cat

it's probably not your thing, but it *is* the home of underground Detroit techno - Juan Atkins, Jeff Mills, Carl Craig. That's what I'd do if I was going - check out whether any of the all-time legends were playing! ^^

I'm sure it's a diverse place and I wish I was checking it out myself. I'm in Sydney. Have fun and good luck!

The detroit zoo is a great place to go, also, for shopping there is the somerset mall (fancy) and also birmingham, mi, which is very upscale