Is there a problem with Al Gore saying BS is BS?

Al Gore: "The model they’re using in that [tobacco] effort was transported whole cloth into the climate debate. And some of the exact same people — I can go down a list of their names — are involved in this. And so what do they do? They pay pseudo-scientists to pretend to be scientists to put out the... show more Al Gore:

"The model they’re using in that [tobacco] effort was transported whole cloth into the climate debate. And some of the exact same people — I can go down a list of their names — are involved in this. And so what do they do? They pay pseudo-scientists to pretend to be scientists to put out the message: “This climate thing, it’s nonsense. Man-made CO2 doesn’t trap heat. It may be volcanoes.” Bullshit! “It may be sun spots.” Bullshit! “It’s not getting warmer.” Bullshit!

There are about ten other memes out there. When you go and talk to any audience about climate, you hear them washing back at you the same crap over and over and over again. They have polluted this — There’s no longer a shared reality on an issue like climate even though the very existence of our civilization is threatened. People have no idea! And yet our ability to actually come to a shared reality that emphasizes that this matters — It’s no longer acceptable in mixed company, meaning bipartisan company, to use the goddamn word “climate.” They have polluted it to the point where we cannot possibly come to an agreement on it."

Now frankly, everything Gore said in that quote was spot-on. Climate deniers use the same tactics as tobacco deniers, and even use many of the same "experts". Deniers constantly spout the same tired old long-debunked myths, and have created an alternate reality echo chamber where they pretend these myths haven't been debunked. And they've managed to create a political climate where people are afraid to utter the word "climate" for fear of attack by that denialist echo chamber machine.

This is all BS, as Gore correctly points out. But maybe because he's Gore, maybe because he used a naughty word, or maybe because it was bluntly true, the deniers have been crying about what a meanie Al Gore is.

I fail to see the issue here. Is there a problem with Al Gore saying BS is BS?
20 answers 20