Which state to visit?

First off, I'm a guy and two of my other guy friends want to take a road trip. We live in Michigan and we only have 2 days off from work. We want to visit somewhere we havent been and is under 10 hours of driving.

We have narrowed it down to Eastern West Virginia, St. Louis Missouri and Eastern Pennsylvania

We are all 20 years old and are interested in anything exciting, different and adventurous. Were interested in West Virginia because of the mountains. St. Louis because it looks like a big city weve never been too and Pennsylvania, because we have yet to explore there.

Out of these places, what seems like the best fit for 3 adventurous looking young males to visit for 2 days?

Favorite Answer

I say West Virginia. West Virginia is an adventurer's paradise. The rushing rivers and amazing mountains that seem to scrape the sky are great. You and your friends will enjoy it more than anything.

Eighty percent of the state is forested. Almost a million acres in the Potomac Highlands lie within the Monongahela National Forest. The state has more than 1.6 million acres of state and national park lands, forests, and wildlife refuges with great opportunities for camping, hiking and other pursuits.

In the West Virginia Mountains there's tons to do.

ATV Riding Trails

Biking

Boating

Camping

Caving

Equestrian

Fishing

Geocaching

Golf

Hiking

Hunting

Bicycling

Rail Trails

Mountain Climbing

White Water Rafting

There are also amazing National Parks great for adventure.

If you go to West Virginia I suggest you go to the Monongahela National Forest. It's the biggest in the state and has everything I listed to do there.

Within there Monongahela National Forest there are plenty of camp grounds for you to go to.

Here's a list:

Canaan Valley State Park

Spruce Knob-Seneca Rocks National Recreational Area

Seneca State Forest

Watoga State Park

Here's a full list: http://wvcommerce.org/travel/thingstodo/outdoorrec...

White water rafting is also great to do and very exhilerating. Water released from the Summersville Dam every fall provides the most intense whitewater rafting east of the Mississippi; that’s why the Gauley is called the “Beast of the East.” Ranked one of the best whitewater runs in the world, the Gauley is a combination of heart-stopping excitement and breathtaking scenery. It boasts more Class IV and V rapids than any other eastern river and offers one of the most intense experiences in commercial rafting.

Here's a link for White Water Rafting: http://wvcommerce.org/travel/thingstodo/outdoorrec...

here's a link to the official West Virginia tourism: http://wvcommerce.org/default.aspx

Hope I helped. Anymore questions message me if you'd like.

• Ryan

St. Louis is the best of these three. You can visit the Arch and Cahokia Mounds...