How to get into a great college?

My goal in life is to get a Ph.D in molecular biology from a proud university, and teach at a proud university too, and/or start and Chair a biotech company. I am a soph in HS. Am I on track to this goal? The colleges im striving for are UC Berkeley, MIT, or CalTech. *Played clarinet with HS symphonic band... show more My goal in life is to get a Ph.D in molecular biology from a proud university, and teach at a proud university too, and/or start and Chair a biotech company.
I am a soph in HS. Am I on track to this goal? The colleges im striving for are UC Berkeley, MIT, or CalTech.

*Played clarinet with HS symphonic band since 8th grade, bypassed concert band freshman yr. member of County Select Band, planning to go for State Band this year
*Taught myself Python programming, computer hacking, etc.
*County science fair, won numerous awards including a scholarship to summer science program at UC Berkeley, and recognition in the Society for in Vitro Biology Journal
*Self studied business and economics, cofounding a Business environmental consortium in local area with businessmen
*Invited to honors program at local comunity college
*Freshmen year, Aug 2010: Practice SAT score 1740, ACT 27
*Not yet in NHS, but will apply while still in soph year
*Working with a professor at UCSF on researching bacterial identification. The device we are creating will have graet advatages over current competing products, and will qualify for a patent, and maybe even licensable to a company (or my future one!). We hope to enter our research into ISEF, the high school Olympics for for science
*Sophomore classes: AP World History, Symphonic Band, Precalculus, Chemistry, Spanish 2, Speech and debate.
*Hobbies: xc running, xc cycling, chess
Update: Oh I should mention that the computer hacking was practiced legally on servers meant for the purpose.
Update 2: 4.0 GPA
Volunteer at senior center over summer
1 answer 1