AP World History questions.. please help me !(ancient civilizations)?

what is the time period of the Ancient Mesopotamian civilization(when the city was called Sumer)

and did they have any important neighbors?

strengths?

weaknesses?

impact on neighbors?

legacy?

Also, same questions for the Mauryan Empire?

thank you so much!

Favorite Answer

Best to look for the details to this complex set of questions in:

Bauer, Susan Wise - The History of the Ancient World: From the Earliest Accounts to the Fall of Rome. New York: Norton: 2007

and

Durant, Will - The Story of Civilization: Volume 1: Our Oriental Heritage. New York: Simon and Schuster: 1935

These, being scholarly works, include bibliographical material which you may want to check out as you do your further research.

All of this should be available at a nearby library.

I can't tell you much, but here is what I know. Sumer was around the same time as Egypt. Egypt the more powerful country as it maintain itself while the Middle East was taken over by different groups over a short period of time. It did suffer from civil wars that helped weaken the civilizations ability to fight a stronger enemy. What the Sumer civilization is probably best known for it's temples known as a Ziggart.

Source(s): My art history book from my college class.