1st Birthday theme help!?

My son is turning 1 in November and I still need a theme for his party. He was born on Thanksgiving but I really don't want a turkey themed party. He doesn't have any particular thing he's into. For example sesame street. I was thinking maybe cars (the movie) but I am at a loss for ideas. Anything would be helpful!!! Thanks

• Minnow
    Favorite Answer

Before going with a theme, watch the movie you're associating with it. Cars 2 was a great movie, but it was very much a Spy movie, and had a lot of violence. I loved it. My 3 year old loved it. But not everyone is comfortable with the torture, guns, and even death that happened in it.

My son is 1 and he does love the monsters in Sesame street. Cookie monster, Elmo, Grover, Oscar, Telly, etc. There are some really fun cakes that you can do with them, or even just buy them. Party favors can be things like rubber duckies. You can have fun ABC-123 type games for adults and older kids, it works very well for a party. :)

My son also likes Winnie the Pooh books, puzzles, blocks, cars (but not the movie, just the Fisher Price ones are a huge hit with him), and balls. For hist first birthday, we actually just did a "Hungry Caterpillar" party (I found a deal on a Hungry Caterpillar tablecloth, plates and napkins) and then had a water fight with water-guns. But his is in June, and it was a hot day and he absolutely loved being squirt with water (I made sure of that ahead of time.) I would so go with something like that if he was in November, like a ball party and have a very simplified game of throwing balls in a basket or something. Have big and little balls (none small enough for choking) and just go ball crazy, he loves them so much.

I mean... what does he like to play with every day? My son always goes to a lift-the-flap book of his, and that could be a fun party theme, just adjust it a little bit and put up cardboard flaps with different pictures behind each or something. He loves his legos. Again, that's an easy party, there's lego designed cakes (ours are the big toddler ones, but they're still basically legos.) He loves blocks, that's easy enough. He adores his blanket and he adores his stuffed dinosaur. That'd be easy enough.

While there may not be a character he's especially fond of, I'd think there's some

Thing or place he especially enjoys. Does he like music or dancing or art or rainbows or

Water? Maybe a favorite animal? You can incorporate these with crafts, games, decoration and food. Have fun!

Monster trucks, Power rangers and Just cars or Cars the movie.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

The best show ever!

Source(s): I'm Brony

i recommend the wiggles kids love the music

and its good for their learning and develops a happy ego..

train or wagon

Cars would be cute :)