what is it like to fly in a plane ?

im a person that has a massive fear of heights ! i dont go on rollacoasters , rides , anything at all that involves hieghts :/ i have never been abraod before and im realy realy nervous about flying as it will be my first time :( we r going to canada in december :) im extremely nervous and i get worriedso easily , what can i expect and wats it like ?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I fly all the time on business, so I can help you.

The bigger the boat, the less you feel the waves. Likewise, the bigger the plane, the lest you feel like you're flying.

To know how big a plane it is, look at your itinerary, it will tell you what kind of aircraft it will be, then go to seatguru for seating arrangements and details about the aircraft. Any Airbus is pretty big and any Boeing aircraft is pretty big. Anything other, like an Embraer, a Canadair/Bombardier or a Beachcraft is going to be iffy.

However, do this: Get an isle seat, not a window seat. All you'll feel is a little acceleration at takeoff and the feeling like you're going up like in an elevator. If the aircraft is large enough, that's about it.

Other than that, the French picked the right name; Air BUS, with the emphasis on taking a bus. Sure there are some bumps sometimes along the way, but these are not different than hitting a pothole.

So, relax, it'll very probably be more boring than scary and if you fly with Air Canada, you will likely have a small personal screen to watch movies and TV shows.

• MW2FTW

It just feels like you're going really fast when you're taking off (because you are) and you feel slightly weightless when you first get in the air. I recommend that you get an aisle seat so you don't have to sit next to the window, but if you do get stuck with a window seat, most airplanes have shades that you can pull down over the windows so you don't have to look outside (but you won't get as much sunlight). You may or may not experience turbulence when you're at cruising altitude. It's not bad, I think it's pretty fun, I always like to stare out the windows at all the landscape below, but I'm not afraid of heights. Trust me, a rollercoaster is more intense than a plane ride.

Source(s): I <3 flying.

Don't worry. While you're taking off you feel slightly weightless and you can see the world get smaller and smaller. You don't pull high Gs like on a roller coaster. Once you're up in the air, it will feel normal and you will be able to look down at the land and/or sea. Flying is great, it isn't scary either. Accidents on planes are actually the rarest of all vehicle accidents as Pilots are very, very highly trained. Good Luck on your flight- It'll be fine!

Source(s): British Airways
  • kano

Im merely gonna throw out a wager and say Air tension. i understand you will possibly desire to be a minimum of an officer to fly with stable eye sight and be waiting to bodily cope with the altitude/tension stuff which you will get examined for. you will possibly desire to be quite clever from what I pay attention so i could attempt to bypass to college/the academy first so which you're able to be an officer and get a intense-high quality score on the ASVAB. you're able to do courses in college to help besides, like ROTC and you will possibly desire to bypass and discuss with the recruiters for the Air tension and army by way of fact those are your 2 superb bets.

No need to be afraid...am a pilot myself...your first time flying should be interesting...you'll experience the take off and landing...kind of new feeling for you...you dont have to worry all are safe...just feel urself like you are in a car. if your flight is long you may be bored a little bit...but for sure there's nothing at all to be worried...

anything you need just ask the air hostess...:)

It is very tedious