Why all the good things are a sin?(sex,food,CocaCola,etc)?

• Demi
    Favorite Answer

Holy Hela's Throne! Coca Cola is a sin now?!? I do not drink it myself (I'm too busy drinking coffee constantly) but I know plenty of people who do, many of them Christians. I shall have to inform them of this rather stunning development IMMEDIATELY. A couple of them could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm betting if they switched to coffee from what is basically caffeinated sugar water they'd drop those pounds effortlessly.

I have no idea why some religious/faith paths make very basic things a "sin". It has to be a control issue. That does't work - it would NEVER work - in my faith as many of us would come back with "don't tell me what to do" and give whoever was being controlling the squinty stink eye. -.0 Yeah, that look right there.

Source(s): Nordic Heathen
  • sex is only sin if it's outside of marriage. You can have a hay day with it in the confines of marriage. CocaCola is not sin but it is unwise to drink much of it because our bodies were created to run and work on nutrients which pop does not contain. It's like asking why can't I expect to put sugar in my gas tank and have my car run perfectly fine. Again food is not sin. Food is necessary for our bodies. It is to be enjoyed, but don't eat to much or you will get fat and that is unhealthy.

Sex is not sin between husband and wife in the covenant bond of marriage. As a matter of truth, sex glorifies God in marriage.

Food most certainly is not sin. If we did not eat food, we would soon die.

Coca Cola is not a sin. (similar to food).

However, any of those things can become idols. That is where the problem lies. When a person puts created things to be more important than God.

a man can only guess, and i am only guessing but.....

they re all pointless, as written someplace, everything apart from faith is sin, that really brodens the sinfulness of sin, it is all just a tastefull, sexy, marrrage of pointlessness, fasehood, passing by and leaving you empty handed sin is a vegue english term, with a bigger sence than just the act itself, a lie or to be false or pretending, have sin within them, and are sin themselves, but to just use "sin" to call something a sin is a misuse of a much bigger context, and scope of the term. "that is a sin" used by a fool makes any inteligent man cringe, possably with vomiting reflexes

sex is not pointless or sin in the benifishal contexts of orderly faithfull living, eating is not a sin if done in the faithfull manner, cocacola is not a sin if done likewise,

to live unfaithfully is to be entirely immerced in it and there is nouthing you can be doing that is not sin, at least by HIS definition, so now being a slave to sin, one must find escape, ill leave that serch up to you.

Remember that the word "sin" is purely a religious word.

Religions that have a long list of "sins" are merely trying to control people.

• 9001

CocaCola is a sin?

You Christian are just plain weird

• ?

Clergy try to make just about anything that's enjoyable a sin, so that people will feel guilty, and the clergy have more power over them. It's the same in most religions...........

sex and food soda.. are not sins. Eating too much food is gluttony. not food in itself.

Sex is not sinful unless you are promiscuous. Obviously people who are married should have sex. They are expected to procreate. It is birth control that some people find sinful. Not me though....

Soda..? It is just crappy, not sinful.

Because apparently God doesn't want us to have fun.

He gave us penises and vaginas, but nahh don't masturbate and don't have sex until your're married.

And there's this whole passage in the Bible about certain foods not to eat and such.

It's soooo f*cking stupid.

Source(s): Atheist, brahh.

It's often not the thing but how/when it is used or participated in.