Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

Are "Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses" still being Shunned by Family and old Friends?

Any "Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses" out there being shunned by family and friends?

Hopefully, this will be the outcome of a class-action Law-Suit against the WTBTS and the Governing Body, for it's un-Biblical shunning practices here in the United States...If they can enforce the rights of ex-witnesses in Brazil, isn't the United States a bold proponent for freedom of the "right to pursue happiness and equality"?...I believe it is time to enjoin those here who are being hurt by this unkind policy of familial separation from the WTBTS, and all of their followers who obey this very questionable command from men.

http://www.christianwitnesses.com/

Are you being shunned by any religious group?

If you are a JW, please remember you are not allowed to answer, or comment here as per the commands of your "governing body" in Brooklyn New York.

The Watchtower of July 15, 2011 contained this statement;

Avoiding false teachers means "refusing to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add comments to their blogs." (para 7, pg 16)

This in particular stands out to me.

Apparently the higher ups have noticed that when JW apologists post their rebuttals on apostate blogs, or forums such as this, or even news articles that allow comments... the higher ups have noticed that the JW apologists get ROASTED. I mean SLAUGHTERED, to the point that for the WT's sake it'd be better if the apologists just didn't bother at all.

I do not want any YA members here to "get into trouble" with their leaders, so please enjoy the content and the comments, but know you are in violation of your sects laws.

Thanks, the management.

You had better leave here Two-G! Mental disease is very contageous!!! You do not want to get "infected" and from what I have read in all your posts, you are not completely convinced by the WT...The truth of the WTBTS is already being absorbed by your sub-conscious mind, and I am afraid you are already infected! Be careful Two-G, this infectious mental disease is a fast grower! We are here for you friend. May the love of the Christ find you!!

Two-G, by being here you are identifying yourself as a "self-willed one". Read this again, and please don't try to answer what you do not understand.

Porcelain, Holy spirit is revealing and exposing the sect of JW's. You are a smart, good person, and you are not even aware of the mind control you are subject to.

I am not persecuting any Jehovah's Witnesses, the scriptures condemn all of you. I am just supplying my personal experience, supported by the Love of Christ, and many others here who recognize the failure of the WTBTS to lead people to salvation through Jesus. Salvation is only through Jesus Christ Porcelain, not through any organization, yours, or any of the Other churches of Christendom. Until you become a humble and obedient servant of Jesus, He will not truly give you His Holy Spirit to "teach you all things" but He will allow you to remain there, and your reliance will be on your governing body, your faithful slave, your magazines, and the history of death and lies that

We all KNOW why Jehovah's Witnesses are afraid to inspect the demands of the Watchtower...

Even the Boereans would be seen as Evil Slaves for "testing" whether something the Watchtower has printed was "really so" or not.

You are correct, a "class-action suit" would not work in the U.S. as Americans do not value family life as they do in other countries. I will strive to free as many imprisoned Christians as I am able. One by one, if that is how Holy Spirit leads.

Thank you all for your encouraging replies.

Favorite Answer

I'm an ex Jehovah's witness... and yes! i am shunned! my family hasn't spoken to me in almost a year!

Yes, I know a woman who has been shunned by her JW brother for the last 30 years( they live in the same small town) because she became a Catholic Trinitarian Christian, was baptized and confirmed as such ( in the Name of God the Trinity) and married a Catholic and raised her daughter as a Catholic

In the States , I do not think that those who are shunned by the JWs , Amish or other 'sects' can file a successful class action suit because shunning would be considered a right of any religious group to exact standards for membership with cutting off completely an excommunicated or disfellowshiped from any ( even social or familial) contact as part of the demand for continued membership in the group with good standing considered by the governors of the group

Many like yourself have tried to find fault with Jehovah's people going way back to the first century and failed. Gamaliel pointed out that it was unwise to interfere with the work of the apostles. He concluded by saying: “Do not meddle with these men, but let them alone; . . . otherwise, you may perhaps be found fighters actually against God.”—Acts 5:34-39. Hitler tried during the 2nd world war and came off a loser. You in the same boat and you too will lose, you cannot win even with the assistance of satan. * Let me spell it out for you since you mentioned " blindness" the MAJORITY of people who are becoming witnesses today have LEFT the churches and denominations of which you are a part of.The question is why?- because they realize that what they have been fed all those years is not truth. So like l have told you time and again: One can claim to follow Jesus and even say he is their personal savior- BUT it is Jehovah who draws one to Jesus. If Jehovah is nonexistent in your life- your belief is hollow from God's point of view. My proof is found here. ( (John 6:44) No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him; and I will resurrect him in the last day. Talk about blindness...

There is no way a lawsuit like this could succeed in the US. There is freedom of religion, and that means that the government can't interfere with a religion and force members of a church to interact with people they don't want to interact with.

I'm currently being shunned by the Amish. You'd think it was because I like to use computers but you'd be wrong. They don't care about that so much and Amish use computers all the time. The real reason? Zippers. I don't think I should have to drop trou every time I want to take a leak and the button fly just doesn't work for me.

• danman

I am still trying to figure out what "context" Two G thinks changed your evaluation of the most direct command I have ever seen in Watchtower speak.

@ I could have almost predicted that PV and 2G would be among the few jw who will not even grasp what the governing body has just instructed ALL witnesses to obey. No conscience matter involved in this dogmatic ruling whatsoever.

Yes. Since I was Disfellowshipped, the only way I can have the long religious talks with other JW's I used to have is to come on to YA! and talk to them. It gives me a kick they don't know what they have done.

I don't know if you could call it shunning, but the Scientologists on the NY subway looked at my e-meter readings, and told me there was nothing they could offer me.

i remember that a member for 40 yrs. and was on the governing body was disfellowshipped after been seen in a cafe with a disfellowshipped ex member , his name was raymond franz

Going on 29 years, and I agree with the suit, in that I was put into a contract with the WBS by getting baptized at 13.

and

they continually change the rules. When I was baptized you did not shun your family members, you just were not allowed to discuss religion. they have changed the rules and I did bot sign up for that.

Poor Joseph... I know you do not like me, that is fine. You will not comment directly to me. You slapped me in the cheek and unfortunately I have done the same to you. I view you as leaving us not us leaving you.

You need to read the article in the context is was written:

How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible’s counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. (Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.) “Avoid them,” says God’s Word. Other translations render that phrase “turn away from them,” “keep away from them,” and “stay away from them!” There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel. Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contactwith someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim. 6:3, 4) Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them. We know what he means, but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?

7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs. Why do we take such a firm stand? Because of love. We love “the God of truth,” so we are not interested in twisted teachings that contradict his Word of truth. (Ps. 31:5; John 17:17

Thank you very much for the article. I am Portuguese American and have no interest in these nuts but I also did not know about them in Brasil.