Fasting blood glucose values?

My fasting plasma blood glucose levels always oscillate between 120 to 124 with 125 mg glycomet tablet.But the post lunch level never crossed 145 . My physician told me that i have impaired fasting glucose and i need not take a tablet after breakfast and it would suffice if i take after dinner. But somebody told me that we should take the medicine twice daily. Is it so?

Favorite Answer

Normal Fasting Blood Sugar

A normal fasting blood sugar (which is also the blood sugar a normal person will see right before a meal) is:

83 mg/dl (4.6 mmol/L) or less.

Many normal people have fasting blood sugars in the mid and high 70 mg/dl (3.9 mmol/L) range.

Though most doctors will tell you any fasting blood sugar under 100 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/L) is "normal", there are several studies that suggest that testing with a fasting blood sugar in the mid 90 mg/dl (5 mmol/L) range often predicts diabetes that is diagnosed a decade later.

Post-Meal Blood Sugar (Postprandial)

Independent of what they eat, the blood sugar of a truly normal person is:

Under 120 mg/dl (6.6 mmol/L) one or two hours after a meal.

Most normal people are under 100 mg/dl (5.5 mmol/L) two hours after eating.

We want to attack this as soon as possible.Most doctors know very little about diabetes.The generic form is Metformin. $4 at walmart for 30 days.Her is a great suggeation for you to start:

There are 4 key steps to controlling glucose levels :

1) EXERCISE- Walking is fine but Nordic Walking is Great. Exercise also lowers Glucose levels , lowers Cholesterol and lowers Blood Pressure. Google it.Exercise is Non-Negotiable !!!Thats why it is Number 1 on the list.

2) Knowledge- http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.ph… This is a great site for info

3) Meds. Metformin to start. Never , ever take Actos or Avandia. They may kill you. Bone fractures, heart problems and what diabetics really don't need is that they change Bone Stem Cells to Fat Cells.Also never ever take Onglyza or Januvia . They can can inhibit the bodys immune system and let cancer spread.

4) Diet- A low carb diet is in order. I can't count carbs so I use Mendosa's Glycemic Index Diet. Great for the whole family. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

So to answer your question I would take 500 mg in the morning and 500 mg at night.I admire you for not just trusting your doctor. This is your disease and you are the one to take control.

Good luck

Buff

By the way I would say you are a full blown diabetic. If not act as if you are one...

1

Source(s): Destroy Diabetes Starting Today : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?YRHg

2

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?rxKw

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Fasting blood glucose values?

My fasting plasma blood glucose levels always oscillate between 120 to 124 with 125 mg glycomet tablet.But the post lunch level never crossed 145 . My physician told me that i have impaired fasting glucose and i need not take a tablet after breakfast and it would suffice if i take after dinner....

Source(s): fasting blood glucose values: https://tinyurl.im/leVHg

What IS correct, my friend, is taking the medication as prescribed and/or advised by your doctor. How else will s/he know whether his/her advice is working for you?

My advice is that you ignore the advice from the idiots. After all, it's your doctor that's been to university to study medicine.

Your fasting blood glucose level IS still higher than it should be ideally, but your doctor is aware, and has informed you, that you have impaired fasting glucose levels. S/he MAY increase the dose if they feel that things are getting out of hand.

• Tabea

Those fasting blood glucose levels are in the diabetic range. If I were you, I'd be looking at more aggressive management to bring down those levels. Have you tried a low carbohydrate diet? It is the most effective first line of defence against high blood sugars.

normally fasting glucose should be below 90mg/dl and as far (IFG)impaired fasting glucose is concerned >90 but less than 130mg/dl and this IFG means ur glucose levels over the night as u take dinner at night and we check the glucose levels in the morning .ur post lunch is well in control. so as ur physician advised u to take the pill at night, he is quite right. Dont follow the advice of other people except the physician.and every individual has his own nature of body which react to drugs individually.some may need only one tab some may require 3 or more as well.so dont worry about that and do good dietary control of sugar and do physical exercise to control the sugar levels and to improve ur insulin action in the body.

Follow the advise of your physician. Do not accept the advise of others especially when you are diabetic. Diabetis is a progressive disease, you have to continuously watch Glucose levels and change the tablets. Later you will take insulin.

If you can't get your fasting blood sugar down with a low-carbohydrate diet and exercise, then you might need medicine. Follow your doctor's advice and try to control your blood sugar on your own. Be honest with your doctor if you can't do it.

• Gale

95 is just fine. I've even been at 108 as a fasting blood sugar and it is still okay..... Don't worry. 95 is a good number :). Me