Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Where to read free books online ?

is there any sit that I can read or download free books from ?

I'm looking to read these titles

- catcher in the rye

- the electric acid kool-aid test

- fear and loathing in las vegas

- the rum diaries

thanks !

Favorite Answer

All of the books you list are copyrighted. There are no FREE and LEGAL copies. Authors write books to earn a living. If Joe Blow scans the books and puts them online, it is theft. The uploading thief can earn jail time and fines of up to $150,000.

You can get these books legally at almost any public library.

Here is what one author has to say about this:

The really depressing thing for me is that for every "fan" that says something, there are hundreds that don't, people who illegally download books _every day_ with little to no thought or care about the authors they are hurting, and there are entire websites and communities dedicated to shady file sharing. I finally turned my Google-alerts off because I was sick of seeing the notes popping up of people either offering or requesting my books (and my sole audio book, and the imaginary audio book of Perchance to Dream, which doesn't even exist) with brazen regularity.

DOOD, people, I can see you asking! Google comes to TELL me, even if you don't.

I don't care if you are the nicest person on the planet, foster small kittens in your spare time, and read to the blind. You are still a thief. You are hurting my livelihood and the livelihoods of many of my friends.

You get my fiction for free, so have a few more words on the house: You are an ..."

RE: WHere can I read books for free online??? Where can I read books for free online. I'm interested in relationship advice books (ex, the rules, etc). Self help books such as the nanny 911. I'm also into business books/marketing books. Software books would be great as well. Where can i find them online???

you can read form http://en.wikibooks.org/