Sadia
Sadia asked in SportsCricket · 8 years ago

Why do so many foreign players choose to play county cricket in England?

Many of the best players in the world choose to play in country cricket in England.

Is there a reason for choosing county cricket and England?

Also, how much do these players achieve from playing county cricket and hence, what is county cricket's contribution to World Cricket?

Thank you

Thanks Deep.

Favorite Answer

Because of money and the experience they get from there. County cricket certainly helps a lot. I remember Zaheer Khan being out of the team due to his poor form some years back. He went to play county cricket, did well there and was immediately selected for the Indian team and since then, he has not looked back. He himself gives full credit to county cricket for his turn around. Though I don't follow it that much, I admire county cricket for being the most highly rated domestic (yet international) tournament. It certainly helps young players to showcase their talent.

English county is the best place to learn cricket. It is a perfect stage for those players who are in out of form.ECB& Wales concentrate on the players improvement rather than any hope of gaining money by doing business from the that , unlike IPL.

The return of zaheer khan from the county is the best example for the skill he learned by playing county

in england , and no turned back since then .....

because England is the mother of cricket and there have huge facility and honor to play cricket.

It's a worthwhile competition, of a high standard. With a larger number of teams there are more places available for foreign players, unlike Sheffield Shield where there are only six teams, or Indian domestic cricket where it's of a poor quality with too many teams.

I think they go there hoping to get some real cricket where money and greed haven't taken over the game.

I say Oc