Tim asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

2011 has been one of the eventful years ever don't you think?

Tunsian and Egyptian Revolutions, Arab uprisings, Earthquake in Japan, Bombing in Moscow airport, Ivorian civil War ended, Bin Laden has been killed, Sudan split to 2, Norway terrorist attacks and now London riots.. What else can happen this year?? And did I miss out on anything?

Update:

Seerana E: Revolutions happen every year???? Biggest earthquake ever happens every year??? One of the most wanted men ever (Bin Laden) gets killed every year??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Oirdne
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

2010: Haiti earthquaqe, Ethiopian Airlines Flight 409 crashes into the Mediterranean Sea, 8.8-magnitude earthquake in Chile, President of Poland Lech Kaczyński died, 6.9-magnitude earthquake occurs in Qinghai, China, killing at least 2,000 and injuring more than 10,000,

eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull, The Deepwater Horizon oil platform explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, Afriqiyah Airways Flight 771 crash, Aero Caribbean Flight 883 crashes in central Cuba etc...

2009: The Icelandic government and banking system collapse, The deadliest bushfires in Australian history , Air France Flight 447 crash, The outbreak of the H1N1 influenza strain, Yemenia Flight 626 crashes, Caspian Airlines Flight 7908 crashes, 8.3-magnitude earthquake near the Samoan Islands, 7.6-magnitude earthquake - Sumatra etc...

2008: Polish Air Force EADS CASA C-295 crashes , China's worst snowstorm since 1954, Over 133,000 in Burma/Myanmar are killed by Cyclone Nargis, Over 69,000 are killed in central south-west China by the Wenchuan quake, A series of bomb blasts in India and many other countries (Turkey, Iraq, Pakistan etc...), 2008 South Ossetia war, Aeroflot Flight 821 crashes , Global financial crisis, The 2008 Pétionville school collapse kills at least 92 in Pétionville, Haiti, Riots in Jos, Nigeria kill 381, and injure at least 300 etc...

2007: Second Orange Revolution: Ukraine, An 8.0 earthquake strikes Peru, Multiple suicide bombings kill 572 people in Qahtaniya, northern Iraq, One-Two-GO Airlines Flight 269 crashes in Phuket, Thailand, Approximately 10,000 people are believed to have died after Cyclone Sidr hits Bangladesh, The Zasyadko mine disaster in eastern Ukraine claims the lives of 101 miners etc...

2006: A hotel in Mecca, Saudi Arabia collapses, An Egyptian passenger ferry carrying more than 1,400 people, sinks in the Red Sea, A massive mudslide occurs in Southern Leyte, Philippines, Pasta de Conchos mine disaster, A 6.3 magnitude earthquake strikes central Java in Indonesia, killing more than 6,000, Montenegro declares independence, S7 Airlines Flight 778 crashes, Pakistan International Airlines Flight 688 crashes, 2006 Lebanon War, Pulkovo Airlines Flight 612 crashes , Gol Flight 1907 (Boeing 737-800) collides with a business jet over the Amazon Rainforest, A series of car bombs and mortar attacks in Sadr City, Baghdad etc...

Etc...

• 9 years ago

We Japanese had an awful disaster which could be happened once or less in your life. More than 25,000 of dead or missing...

Hope we can recover from it asap and give something back to every individuals and countries that gave us big donation and warm efforts in many ways.

yes, unforgettable year definitely.

Source(s): Am Japanse living in Japan.
  • 9 years ago

Yes, you're right, as years go this has been quite a roller coaster. And it's barely half over! Who knows what more is to come?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

For the next four and a half months, should be interesting

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

4 Months to go yet. Looking forward to it?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

agreed.. got my 58" tv three weeks ago and if i play my cards right i might getting laid tonight!!! so yrs your statement have some true words in it

• 9 years ago

And these things happen just about every year......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.