Is it ridiculous that I'm worried about being pregnant?

We had sex two weeks ago and used a condom (like we do every time). I am not on oral contraceptives.

Normally my period comes in exact 28 day cycles. It's two days late now (and still hasn't come).

I have been under intense stress for the past couple of weeks (much, much, much more intense than usual), and I have heard that can cause you to delay/miss periods.

Am I silly for being worried?

• Favorite Answer

Yea. stress can definetly cause you to miss your period or get it later than usual. if you have been extremely stressed recently that could be what is going on. but since you don't normally miss your periods I think you should take a pregnancy test just to see and make sure.

good luck.

• Jill P

If your period is late and you're sexually active, it's normal to suspect pregnancy (especially since condoms are only about 85-90% effective in preventing pregnancy). Take a pregnancy test. If it's negative, you can assume that you're late due to stress.

understandable why you think this

wait 2-3 weeks and do a test. if its negative nothing to worry about

Source(s): wife & mum of 6 month old