Hypothetically speaking; Today is 1969. Woodstock is starting next week. Do you think you'll try to go?

I'm getting my bus ticket!

See you there?

• Tom
    Favorite Answer

I would if I wasn't wading through rice paddies and dodging mortars in sunny Vietnam. I have always been sorry that I missed woodstock. I was on my second tour of duty and all the new replacements kept talking about Woodstock. I asked, what the heck is a Woodstock. One of the first things I did when I got home in May of '70 was go to the theater and see the movie about it. I wish I could rent it or they would show it on HBO or something. It would be good to see the old hippies and entertainers young again.

• sunny

I had a 6 week old son back then and the last thing on my mind was going to some concert in the fields of a dairy farm in upstate NY. Even though I lived in CT and it was about a 3 hour drive. I would not want to go today either. I was never the kind that liked crowds and crowds of people.

• Lynn

No, I couldn't afford the trip. I live on the west coast, and don't have an affluent

family who can pay for me to fly out there.

Instead, I will go to a local rock festival near Satsop, Washington. Where a farmer

has loaned several acres to a promotion company to hold a special rock festival,

attracting people from all over the west coast, who can come. They promised

well known groups to entertain, but they didn't promise the sun would be shining.

It turned out that the concert was rained out, and it was a miserable experience for

those who came without a tent or some shelter. We were lucky for bringing a big

tent, and we provided shelter for many people. And the next day, there was a

steady stream of people leaving, while many young people were still lined up at

the gate to come in. But the most disappointing thing, is that the rain kept away

the big names who were supposed to appear. That was the biggest surprise. And

so none of us got our money's worth.

That time in 1969, I was in Japan. Too far to go.

To see Hendrix; Joplin; Sly, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Baez; Jefferson Airplane...just to name a few....I'll be there!

Back then I didn't really know about it till it was too late. Only would have taken a couple hours to get there! Always regretted not going, even if it was only for a day.

It really wouldn't be the same that it was in 1969, and I really wish it was 1969 all over again. One of the greatest years of my life!

• john

Never.I was conservative middle class whose idea of social injustice was getting a bad tee time at our local public golf course.

I don't remember Woodstock!

NO, I prefer glastonbury myself. nicer class of weirdo turns up and where else can one see the wombles on stage.

OH GOD NO Pat this is 2011 GOD says to not look back like lots wife you want us turned into a pillar of salt today? I remember how evil all of that was we suffer still from it i dont know whats wrong with people still saying LSD and hippys and pot and rape for heavens sake......... anyhow someone tryed to talk me into going to it THANK GOD that GOD did not let me get sucked into that but i will not splash on this internet what really happened to me during that time i just know i did not deserve to experience such evil and cruelity i was only 18 yrs old still a baby... it makes me angry still but i wont take my fury out on you Pat....... answer is NO ruining peoples lives with sex drugs alcohol rocknroll isnt my cup of tea .. and i hope theres an army that agrees with me ... have a great week everyone you too Pat and its still 2011 thank GOD the past is gone forever....i think GOD creates new years for a reason so we grow up and grow out.. i still like bell bottoms too i hate mini skirts and never call me a hippy i get balistic... i hated all the rocknrollstars in the sixtys i hated them all cause in between songs and music i saw suicides and homicides cancer and car wrecks to people i cared about and people that cared about them too were trapped in it were still trapped in it and we might play rocknroll music on computer still which makes us seem like hypocrites or liars but then i have no control over music or computers but i can denounce being brainwashed..... thats my take compassion. and fear too. arent all rocknrollstars sinners ? and i hate dance halls and i hate alcohol bars.. like Tom in ohio said WE ARE NOT TEENAGERS ANY MORE smart man....hey Tom from ohio you contradicted ur self today ... you said were not teenagers anymore are you sure you live in ohio Tom ? I know more people in ohio than you do Tom ... didnt GOD tell you Tom not to live in the past and viet nam sucked..GOD BLESS US ALL..