Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is cloud computing?

Ok...So I have googled it. But I can't understand the complex language. I just need a basic understanding. (As simple as possible)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction

BASICALLY, its information (applications, files, ect) that are stored on one server, that can be accessed by something, like a tablet, a computer, ect, can connect to to get that file,application, whatever

Think of one file, and 100 computers. Why would you have that one file on a 100 different computers, when you can have it on one, then have all the other computers connect to the computer to view it?

Think of the server as a "Cloud" up in the air and people can access it wirelessly through the "air".

• 7 years ago

problematic thing. check out using yahoo. it can help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.