Toffee recipe?????????????????????

Like not hard toffee the sofy streachy kind?

Nice easy recipes that have been tried and work?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Creamy Toffee

ingredients

makes 35 - 45

1 lb (450 g) light soft brown sugar

6 tbsp milk

1 tbsp golden syrup (substitute light corn syrup)

1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter

1 small can condensed milk

method

1. Heat the sugar and milk in a heavy based saucepan until the sugar dissolves.

2. Add the syrup and butter and bring to the boil.

3. Continue to boil for 2-3 minutes and then stir in the condensed milk.

4. Bring back to the boil and continue boiling until a drop of the mixture placed in cold water forms a soft ball when rolled in the fingers.

5. Remove from the heat, beat until thick and creamy and pour into a buttered shallow square tin.

6. Mark into squares, leave to set, then cut into the squares.

==============================================

Source(s): PP
  • 8 years ago

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup

3/4 cup butter

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon salt

Instructions:

Have a container of ice water and a greased (buttered) shallow 12” X 24” cookie sheet or baking pan ready.

** Lyle’s Golden Syrup is the “secret” ingredient. You might find it in the syrup aisle at your local grocery store, or, if there’s a World Market near you, they carry it. Lyle’s is probably England’s favorite syrup.

In a large sauce pan, bring the sugar, syrup, butter, 1 cup of the cream, and the salt to a slow boil. Then, very gradually stir in the other cup of cream, a little at a time. It is important not to interrupt the boiling while adding the rest of the cream. Stir constantly. You will notice the mixture darken during the cooking process. Most recipes call for heating to a temperature of 254o F on a candy thermometer. Or, you can test the level of “chewiness” by putting a small amount of the mixture in the ice water. It will harden to a chewy consistency that varies depending on how long you cook it. I used that method and it took about 40 minutes of cooking time to achieve the consistency I was looking for. When the mixture has reached your preferred hardness, remove the pan from the burner and stir in the vanilla. Pour the hot mixture onto the baking pan and level it evenly. Put it in the refrigerator and let it completely cool.

I didn’t fuss with cutting it up into individual pieces and wrapping each piece in wax paper. I turned the pan over on the countertop and the toffee came out in one sheet. While it was still cold, I just broke it up in random pieces, put it in a zip-lock back and popped it back into the fridge.

I love this recipe it is delicous. And it is quite soft and chewy, only problem is it is more caramel then toffee but still very good.

• 8 years ago

I think you are looking for chewy caramel or english toffee. The base is the same, 1 cup sugar (white or brown depends on taste) and 1/2 or 1 cup butter (depends on density you want) with pinch of salt, and . Heat and bring to boil, reduce heat then simmer to thickness with mixing. Vanilla extract is added at this point if you want flavoring, any flavoring will do at this point as long as the toffee is still mixable, not hard. Add equal amount to butter of condensed milk to mixture from the beginning if you want a milky silky texture. If you don't want the milk flavor use 3 table spoons of water instead. Test your toffee in cold water to check if it forms balls and if they are the softness you need.

• 4 years ago

Tom's Toffee Ingredients 1/2 lb unsalted butter 1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped 1/3 cup chocolate chips, bittersweet, dark, or semi-sweet Method Combine first 3 ingredients and boil, stirring constantly until it thickens and looks like a brown paper bag. Pour on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let melt and spread smooth over the mixture. Let cool and harden. Break into pieces.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.