Sinus Infection wont go away! Help!?

Im 15 years old, and for the past month, I have had a really bad sinus infection. The first time I went to the doctor, I knew I had a sinus infection because I have them all the time. She prescribed me Amoxicilin. I was on it for 10 days, but after a week of being on it, It didnt seem to be helping. I went back to the doctor and was prescribed Zythromax and I had to take Mucinex and Claritin D. A week of being on those, and it still didnt help. I went back to the doctor and had an Xray which showed I have a deviated septum. I was prescribed a steroid and nasal spray. He also told me I need to see an ENT. I went to see the ENT on Friday, he told me I needed a CT scan. I got it, and he said I still have inflammation in my frontal sinuses, which he said was the leftovers from the sinus infection. He gave me some samples of Celebrex. Today is my last day on it, and its not helping either. I have used the Neti Pot every day since seeing the ENT. It seems to work for 20 minutes, and then its done. He told me that if in a week I still am not better, I need to give him a call. I am in so much pain, at times its unbearable. I have sinus pressure so my ears are always plugged which gets annoying.

I just want to know what this is! After 4 rounds of meds and the inflammation still isnt gone. What could this be? In my family, we have a long history of sinus problems, which always resulted in surgery. Do I need surgery? Any answers are well appreciated! Thanks!

• ~qx~
    Best Answer

Looks like the meds are not helping. Antihistamines, steroids and antibiotics usually work.

Try some vitamin C and vitamin A to boost your immunity. A chiropractic adjustment can help. And maybe try some homeopathy.

And check with your dentist as you may have an infected tooth.

Try everything. Good luck and hope you feel well soon.

• Alexa

You could have a sinus infection which is resistant to the antibiotic you were given or it was not suitable for your type of infection. You could also have sinusitis, which causes constant congestion, headache and ear infections. Some good home remedies to clear congestion are; get a large towel and a large, hot, steaming bowl of water, (you can add some camphor drops, or Vick's mentholatum to the hot water but its not necessary) sit with the towel over your head and the bowl and gently breath in the steaming vapours. *Important: Be sure the water is not scalding hot and keep out of reach of children! If you have a warm air vapourizer that will help ease and clear congestion during the night. When trying to sleep make sure you keep your head elevated with extra pillows, this will help stop a build-up of phlegm making you cough and having to cough it up in the morning. A strong decongestant sinus remedy will also help to clear up the congestion and Tylenol or ibuprofen will help with the sinus pain. Sinus congestion can be stubborn and take a while to get rid of. If it is not getting any worse, than it will go away with time and using any of the above remedies will help with the annoying symptoms. IF your sinus pain and congestion gets worse or continues for more than a week, you may need a different antibiotic. I do hope some of my suggestions help you get some relief. Good luck to you.

The most visible thing about sinus is swelling.

The easiest way to control swelling is to give up water and all other

liquids for 24 hours. In 24 hours there will be no significant

dehydration to cause organ failure. But to be double sure one can stay

indoors for 24 hours.

Now if you decided to try it the next problem is that one who is used

to drinking water or other liquids feel thirsty quite often. They find

it very difficult to manage without water for more than 6 hours. For

that follow the following routine.

First thing in the morning drink tea (on empty stomach). It should be

normal tea not too strong nor too light. One should not take anything

with tea. No water or anything before or after tea for atleast 1 hour.

Tea on empty stomach leaves a bitter taste in mouth. Resist drinking

water or any other liquid for next 3-4 hours. After this the bitter

taste will be gone. AFter this there will be no thirst signals. For

the next 48 hours there will be enough fluid in your mouth and food

pipe. You can eat your normal meals minus any liquids for next 24

hours. This will resolve all health issues including poor digestion.

In 24 hours the reduction in the fluids will be about 3 litres or

about 5% of the total body weight of a normal adult.

Never the swelling due to sinus or cold and cough is more than 5% of

the body volume.

During this period of 24 hours the lose of water from the body does

not reduce even by 1% to offset reduced water intake.

The reduction in loss of body water thru urine or sweating starts

after 48 hours in most of people. But to be on safe side giving up

water and liquids for 24 hours will do the trick.

The reduced swelling will give immediate relief from pain. It will

make is much more easier to eliminate the cough thru nose without any

pain.

That will also improve the blood acid levels by about 5%. This makes

changes at the cell level as well. Blood acid levels are the first

line of defense against the infections.

So swelling gone, pain gone, cough moving out, infections taken care

of. Now what remains in the body for the next change of season time.

Obviously nothing.

So it has already given u long term relief from sinus.

• Mr E

stop wasting your time and money with useless if not injurious medical nonsense. correct the cause of the problem-nerve interference. see an hio method upper cervical specific chiropractor.