My dad hit my dog and it peed?

i have a golden retriever who just turned 1 year old yesterday :) i love him anyway my dad hits him all the time when he does something bad for example yesterday my dog bit off the side on the bed and like messed it up and he got very mad and my dog went behind me and got scared of my dad cause he always is when my... show more i have a golden retriever who just turned 1 year old yesterday :) i love him anyway my dad hits him all the time when he does something bad for example yesterday my dog bit off the side on the bed and like messed it up and he got very mad and my dog went behind me and got scared of my dad cause he always is when my dad yells and went under the bed and my dad grabbed him by the collar and hit him really hard he peed on himself and then he hit him again for peeing and grab him by the collor and drag him hard to the cage downstairs and left him there for the next day all day he wouldnt let no one let him out cuz he was grounded anyway im scared for my dog becuz i cannot do anything to defend him- this is my step dad btw and he hits him all the time it makes me angry when he does it cuz hes just a dog anyway why did my dog pee himself??and how do i make it so my dad stop hitting my dog?? thanks--
Update: No he never ever hit my mom, ever he wouldn't, He has hit me before but i hit him back and we fight a lot, It usually happens bcuz i deserve it and i start it
Update 2: oh yeah 1 more thing, and the weird part is he a police and he is aggresive but i dont want to get him in trouble because he might lose his job and my mom didnt finish high school and has trouble paying the bills so if he loses his job we are all screwed and i cannot defend my dog or i will get grounded and get my... show more oh yeah 1 more thing, and the weird part is he a police and he is aggresive but i dont want to get him in trouble because he might lose his job and my mom didnt finish high school and has trouble paying the bills so if he loses his job we are all screwed and i cannot defend my dog or i will get grounded and get my tv and my computer and ipod taken away
Update 3: No!! I cant give my dog a new home i love him so much i would be sad if i never get to see him again, and my mom does try to say stuff like "dont hit him leave him alone" but he doesnt care and she just calls him names also my dog doesnt defend himself he is very nice he doesnt bite no one he just minds his buiness... show more No!! I cant give my dog a new home i love him so much i would be sad if i never get to see him again, and my mom does try to say stuff like "dont hit him leave him alone" but he doesnt care and she just calls him names also my dog doesnt defend himself he is very nice he doesnt bite no one he just minds his buiness and does nothing