David Cameron's joke of a concept "The big Society" How is that going in the London area?

You can always guarantee that when Conservatives are in power, recessions and riots aren't far behind.

• Sean
    Favorite Answer

'The big society' sounds like some progressive ideology; multiculturalism, common good, collectivism.... Such things lead to the type of riots commonly referred to as revolutions and world wars; when you push people they push back.

Cameron wants a lot of people to help themselves and it seems certain elements in London are doing just that. As for the riots, there are no excuses for them and even I won't blame the Tories for what's happening. The people involved in the riots are a bunch of mindless idiots who would use anything as an excuse to create mayhem and to steal. There insane deeds have wrecked the lives of a number of people who have now lost all their possessions and are homeless. I hope they are caught and get the longest sentences possible.

• koenen

Lancaster, England Umm, i do no longer understand. I proceed to exist an assets. once I first moved right here 5 years in the past human beings mentioned i grew to become right into a chav by using fact in basic terms chavs proceed to exist that assets. there remains a stereotype that each physique right here's a thug and that's a destructive place to stay, besides the shown fact that it is not that undesirable, purely stupid rumours.

I can't answer this one any better than Mac the Knife.

I'm no fan of the tories, but these riots are not the fault of David Cameron or the coalition government.

Not well, I imagine.

Londoners are pretty working-class and David Cameron's Big Society only appeals to well-to-do types.

What riot? I thought that was just normal for the immigrant infested parts of the country

• John D

The joke is you can't have a big society when you have criminals and scum that use the death of "an innocent" man to loot and riot. Why blame Cameron for these riots? I think you will find the Coalition Government inherited the recession from the clowns before. Obviously memory is not your strongest point.

I don't know what comes first conservationism or bad times, but for some reason whenever the world starts to light on fire people tend to shift right in politics. You saw that in 1930's Germany and Italy and we're seeing it now.

I guess that's the good thing about their version of 'government'. There's always unrest, protests and riots, lol.

• Josh

The Big Society was a positive spin on the fact that big government is on its way out.