promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

David Cameron's joke of a concept "The big Society" How is that going in the London area?

You can always guarantee that when Conservatives are in power, recessions and riots aren't far behind.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Sean
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

'The big society' sounds like some progressive ideology; multiculturalism, common good, collectivism.... Such things lead to the type of riots commonly referred to as revolutions and world wars; when you push people they push back.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Cameron wants a lot of people to help themselves and it seems certain elements in London are doing just that. As for the riots, there are no excuses for them and even I won't blame the Tories for what's happening. The people involved in the riots are a bunch of mindless idiots who would use anything as an excuse to create mayhem and to steal. There insane deeds have wrecked the lives of a number of people who have now lost all their possessions and are homeless. I hope they are caught and get the longest sentences possible.

• koenen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Lancaster, England Umm, i do no longer understand. I proceed to exist an assets. once I first moved right here 5 years in the past human beings mentioned i grew to become right into a chav by using fact in basic terms chavs proceed to exist that assets. there remains a stereotype that each physique right here's a thug and that's a destructive place to stay, besides the shown fact that it is not that undesirable, purely stupid rumours.

• 9 years ago

I can't answer this one any better than Mac the Knife.

I'm no fan of the tories, but these riots are not the fault of David Cameron or the coalition government.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Not well, I imagine.

Londoners are pretty working-class and David Cameron's Big Society only appeals to well-to-do types.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What riot? I thought that was just normal for the immigrant infested parts of the country

• John D
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The joke is you can't have a big society when you have criminals and scum that use the death of "an innocent" man to loot and riot. Why blame Cameron for these riots? I think you will find the Coalition Government inherited the recession from the clowns before. Obviously memory is not your strongest point.

• 9 years ago

I don't know what comes first conservationism or bad times, but for some reason whenever the world starts to light on fire people tend to shift right in politics. You saw that in 1930's Germany and Italy and we're seeing it now.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I guess that's the good thing about their version of 'government'. There's always unrest, protests and riots, lol.

• Josh
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The Big Society was a positive spin on the fact that big government is on its way out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.