Something screwed up with my laptop during a Windows Update; HELP!!!?

My laptop shut down during a Windows Update (I have a Vista) because the cable was not plugged in probably and it ran out of battery. When I turn my laptop on, it gives me the usual options when it runs out of battery or some other prob (Start Windows normally, Safe Mode, etc). I've tried all of the ones I... show more My laptop shut down during a Windows Update (I have a Vista) because the cable was not plugged in probably and it ran out of battery. When I turn my laptop on, it gives me the usual options when it runs out of battery or some other prob (Start Windows normally, Safe Mode, etc). I've tried all of the ones I think could work but it doesn't. Half way through, it freezes on these letters and numbers: !!0xc0190036!! 1036/50121 (RMActivate_isv.exe). I have no idea what to do. HELP!! Please??