Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does a wood burning stove and pellet stove comply with fha 203 k requirements for heat source?

I know that you must have a heat source when doing a FHA 203k loan. The house I am looking at has a pellet stove on one side of the house and a wood burning stove on the other side. Would these items full fill the heating requirements for FHA? Is there a document out there that states this requirement in detail as I have been looking and am having difficulty finding it.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A wood burning stove would not typically qualify as a heat source as it is not usually vented through the wall. A pellet stove that is vented through the wall does qualify as a heat source and satisfies FHA requirements. If you are a borrower or Realtor, check with your 203k lender and your 203k Consultant. Coal or wood stoves with automatic stokers are acceptable most of the time.

You can check on this at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_o...

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

i'm in Ohio and that i've got a woodburning range insert. whilst it would not warmth the full domicile... that's a super element to have in the spring, fall and iciness.. My husbands artwork has all the loose dried hardwood he can load in the automobile.. the flexibility went out those days and because we've electric powered warmth we used the woodburner.. It save the main livingroom severe-high quality and toasty... we are going to even load it with lumber at evening and the furnace won't could kick on until eventually 3 or 4am.. It saves us a lot on our usual gas invoice ! I additionally use it to warmth up my water for tea ! somewhat of employing the gas range or microwave !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.