How can I gain stamina ? ?

I can run full speed for like 5

Minutes, and them I'm done. I need help

Favorite Answer

Full speed for 5 minutes would be like if your goal is speed (racing) and you should be done after 5 minutes (and would not need help), like going for the mile run (under 4 minutes for men and under 5 minutes for women).

Hopefully, you don’t forget to warm up (5 to 10 minutes), stretch (5 to 10 minutes or more as it’s pleasurable) and cool down (5 to 10 minutes) before you can reach your THR zone (Target Heart Rate).

“Full speed” would be the Anaerobic Zone (80-89% of your MHR, where fat burning shuts down), not the Redline Zone (unless you’re an Olympian athlete). It’s a higher zone (above the Aerobic Zone) so it takes longer to reach it and come down from it (you need to warm up and cool down longer) and you should never be there unless you’re VERY FIT with a good cardiovascular system.

Some people get there by mistake when they don’t wear a heart monitor and then get out of breath or exhausted...so use a heart monitor if you cannot “feel” the zone you’re in. Like if you cannot say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious without running out of breath then you’re going too fast and need to slow down...but that would never happen to me as my heart monitor watch would beep so I would know to slow down before I would even get to the Anaerobic Threshold Zone. With experience, I make it a point to slow down or speed up BEFORE my watch even beeps to remind me.

You better have a good high carbs meal about 2 hours prior to get a good blood sugar level or you’ll run out of steam before you know it.

If your goal is stamina, you should not go “full speed” for 5 minutes.

If your goal is speed, you should still not go “full speed” for 5 minutes.

To train for sprinting, you can do wind-sprints in the Redline Zone for 10 to 20 seconds (if you’re extremely fit, like an athlete runner). Recovery time is 3 times as long. (2 or 3 times a week).

To train for stop and go sports (basketball, soccer...), your wind-sprints should be 1 or 2 minutes long in the higher part of the Anaerobic Zone (85-89% of your MHR). Recovery time is twice as long (only do this once or twice a week).

To train for long-distance (marathon), your wind-sprints should be 3-5 minutes in the moderate zone (80-85% of your MHR, surely not going “full speed”).

(Only ONCE a week).

You desire stamina cross with gentle weight and prime reps, do aerobic. Stamina and bulk do not cross hand in hand. Stamina is involving your muscle tissues capacity to paintings frequently. More aerobic is helping considering that the oxygen used to gas the muscle. Light weight and prime reps paintings considering that good I already stated it your muscle tissues ought to be in a position to paintings frequently.

im a cross country runner in high school and i run in a 5k race (3.2 miles) and the best way to get stamina is to run and run and run. Im not saying short sprints and break, no im talking about long distance jogs. it dont have to be perfect or fast, just get a good paste and run. i run 5.5 miles almost everyday so trust me, i know

Source(s): im a 5k race runner

cardio workouts lol. instead of focusing on shorts bursts, try long cardio workouts like jogging. swimming is also very good

Source(s): experience with same q

do lots of cardio work