How to legally divorce from family and drop my last name?

Me and father do not have a good relationship. We are so disfunctional in everyway possible. Everything is his way or nothing. He is so violent mentally and physicallly towards me it makes me want to commit suicide. I hate and despise him and i know he feels the same way about me as well. Sometimes he wishes I was never born. I want to legally drop my last name and legally divorce from my family.....I want nothing to do with them ever!

Can anyone give me some serious help please!!!


4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

    for the name change:

    wait until you are of age

    hire an attorney

    to divorce your family:

    when you move out of the house, don't give anyone your forwarding address / contact information


  • Izzie
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

    depending on how old you are, you can either move out asap, or move to another relatives house until you can legally move out. when you are of age, you can change your name and just don't tell them where you've moved to.

  • 8 years ago

    All you need is a good attorney and a handful of money.

  • Q
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

    Go to the police.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.