Bennett asked in 科學及數學生物學 · 10 years ago

Something on molecular cloning

Hi everyone, is there any people who is advanced in molecular cloning? I have some questions on molecular cloning which I kindly invite you to answer.

Is it possible to clone a particular gene in one organism (Medaka fish in my case) with its sequence unknown, but known sequence in other organism (such as human) by PCR? How can I design the GSPs so that I can get that particular gene from my target organism? Should I BLAST it first and how?

Many thanks!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

The sequence of human of particular gene is different from the fish (another organism).

Even though it is a basic survival gene that commonly exist among 'simple' organism and humans, there must be some differences among the DNA sequence. E.g. a 'T' missing.

If you want to clone a particular gene in Medaka fish, you must know the specific sequence, then design primer --> pcr.

However I am so sorry that I don't know how to investigate the gene sequence you want.

God bless your research!

2011-08-12 14:47:02 補充:

Otherwise the product you get may Not be the target gene!

Source(s): past experience of investigating certain human gene(Final year Project)