Why che guevara is on every thing , to a shirt or even at rallies even at sport games?

Favorite Answer

"Che’s life is an inspiration for every human being who loves freedom, we will always honor his memory." — Nelson Mandela

"Che is not only an intellectual, he was the most complete human being of our time, our eras most perfect man." — Jean Paul Sartre

"There was no person more feared by the CIA than Che Guevara because he had the capacity and charisma necessary to direct the struggle against the political repression of the traditional hierarchies in power in the countries of Latin America."

— Philip Agee, CIA Agent

"I have yet to find a single credible source pointing to a case where Che executed 'an innocent'. Those persons executed by Guevara or on his orders were condemned for the usual crimes punishable by death at times of war or in its aftermath: desertion, treason or crimes such as rape, torture or murder. I should add that my research spanned five years, and included anti-Castr­o Cubans among the Cuban-Amer­ican exile community in Miami and elsewhere.­"

— Jon Lee Anderson, author of the 800 pg 'Che Guevara: A Revolution­ary Life', PBS forum

CHE GUEVARA:

- Worked in a Leper colony and treated lepers (as seen in the excellent film ‘The Motorcycle Diaries’)

- Was instrumental in teaching over 900,000 Cubans to read

- Tended to thousands of sick campesinos

- Helped construct dozens of schools throughout Cuba

- Removed the Mafia and dictatorship of Batista from Cuba which had killed 20,000 Cubans and tortured thousands more

- Desegregated the schools in Cuba before they were in the Southern US

- Called out South Africa’s Apartheid in 1964, 30 years before the West!

- Denounced the racism and KKK in America

- Warned of the dangers of the IMF, 3 decades before most of the developing world realized they had been scammed into debt slavery

- Left a bourgeoisie comfortable life of the upper class, a potential well compensated career as a medical doctor, and a high regarded governmental position, each time to slog through the jungle and fight guerrilla wars against impenetrable odds! ... In fact, near the end it took 1,800 rangers to bring down his 25 men.

Che’s “CRIMES” were:

~ Stopping American companies from owning 70 % of the arable land in Cuba

~ Teaching peasants to read, by bringing the Cuban literacy rate from 60 to 97 %

~ Having the 200 or so War Criminals who killed 20,000 Cubans for Batista shot against a wall

~ Fighting white mercenaries in the African Congo with an all black army

~ Speaking out against US and eventually USSR Imperialism while demanding that the poor of the world be allowed to live a life of dignity

CHE's LAST WORDS to his children in a farewell letter: "Above all, always be capable of feeling most deeply any injustice committed against anyone in the world. That is the most beautiful quality in a revolutionary."

Source(s): 'Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life' - by Jon Lee Anderson

I think che guevara is many things to many people. From Heavy metal representaion for Rage Against the machine, to College kids wanting to look rebelious to some Cubans who appreciated what he did as it was so much worse before when Battista was in power. So the classic Che image is a strong image for many. I personally respect what he accomplished by the age of 30 and I just bought a couple Che shirts myself from www.theCHEstore.com.

They seem to have the largest collection of Che Guevara shirts and only sell Che, so its not crappy typical shirts.. If your looking for a Che shirt, then have a have a look and let me know what you think.have a look and let me know what you think.

Source(s): www.thechestore.com

Che was in charge of political executions in Cuba. Liberals love leftist strong men and the death penalty strategy for political competitors.

High heels have NO place on a sailboat... seriously, if you mar my teak decks, you're going overboard !! Also, they have no purpose on a ranch either... I always snicker when one of our "city-dwelling" friends comes up to visit and dresses inappropriately. And that includes guys wearing dress shoes or expensive "sneakers"

Like ALL idols he is ever so swiftly being disassociated from reality into myth - sort of like Jesus or John Lennon - and they also were both cute.

Hippies

• Because some thinks it's 'edgy'

because he looks damn sexy in his little beret