promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can you believe this Mexican military helicopter lands in Laredo by mistake does Mex even has GPS?

A Mexican military helicopter landed Saturday afternoon at Laredo International Airport by mistake, said a spokeswoman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Mucia Dovalina, the uniform public affairs officer for the Laredo Port of Entry, said the helicopter landed about 3 p.m., but she couldn’t share details such as the number of occupants or whether they were armed.

Dovalina said that, following protocol, CBP officers checked out the helicopter’s occupants, then allowed them to return to Mexico in the aircraft.

“The only thing that I can tell you is that they did land here,” she said. “It was by mistake. They were processed and they were returned to Mexico.”

According to a statement from CBP, the pilot mistook the airport for a landing strip in Nuevo Laredo.

This is the latest such incursion that officials have called inadvertent as the Mexican military increases troop deployments in northeastern Mexico.

In July, a convoy of soldiers rolled across the international bridge at Donna and were processed by customs and sent back across.

The Mexican military announced last week that it had wrapped up an operation called “Lince Norte,” or Northern Lynx.

The 20-day assault on the Zetas drug trafficking organization used 4,000 Mexican troops, deployed mostly in states bordering Texas.

The operation resulted in the death of the Zeta who controlled Nuevo Laredo and the arrest of a man the military says is a “national level” financier for the gang.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/7686830....

How many 100's of other times has Mexico enter America by mistake ?

Update:

Mexico is angry that US Border Patrol crossed into Mexico while chasing a drug smuggler after abandoning his stuck truck containing 1 ton of marijuana in the Rio Grande. The front wheels were on the Mexico side while the back end remained on US soil.

How far into Mexico did the US Border Patrol go that has caused this outrage? "no more than 25 feet across the border," El Paso Sector Border Patrol Chief Robert W. Gilbert said.

The city of Juárez issued a statement "condemning that authorities from other countries enter a national territory without respect for sovereignty." City official Jorge Alvarez Compeán called for formal complaints to the US and the Mexican Attorney General is now conducting an investigation.

Of course this is not the only border incursion that has occurred. Over the last decade over 200 incidents of Mexican "law enforcement" - sometimes guarding drug shipments - crossing over the US border have been documented.The incident occurred Thursday afternoon when Borde

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

any pilot should be able to navigate.....

and do it without the aid of a gps!

these southern neighbors of the USA are just sparring for a fight.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

After living in the Culture for 26 years I find it VERY easy to accept that a Mexican Helicopter landed by mistake in the US. A few years ago a Delta Jet landed at the wrong airport in Corpus and nobody tried to read anything sinister into that. Mistakes happen, they just happen more here on the border.

Source(s): Laredo resident
  • Karen
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Have you ever piloted a plane? It isn't as easy as you think to find your way around up there.

My 2nd question to you would be: How many times has the US military bombed civilian locations when it was supposed to be a few miles away bombing something military? Get over it.

When I saw this "news" on yahoo, I mentioned it to my dad. I thought it would be swooped up by idiots and brought up over and over on forums such as this, he thought it was too stupid and that no one would be dumb enough to bother talking about it. Guess he was wrong.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Lol, you read news way too much. Why is this significant? It izen't. It's just something so that journalists can make money out of someone like you that keep reading every possible news story. I stopped reading news in 2010.

It's just a mistake, no one was hurt, they got processed, sent back, no big deal. Now move on with your life.

Source(s): I live under a rock and it's great!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.