Why do MLB teams go on such long losing streaks? Whose fault is it?

2011 has to be the weirdest year ever in MLB history. I don't believe I have ever seen as many teams going on insanely long losing streaks as I am seeing this year. Why do MLB teams, like the Pirates, Mariners and the Giants , go on such lon losing streaks? Whose fault is it when the team doesn't execute... show more 2011 has to be the weirdest year ever in MLB history. I don't believe I have ever seen as many teams going on insanely long losing streaks as I am seeing this year.

Why do MLB teams, like the Pirates, Mariners and the Giants , go on such lon losing streaks? Whose fault is it when the team doesn't execute on offense or defense or when things don't go their way? Does this suggest that perhaps the whole team is guilty of playing fundamentally dumb baseball? What do teams, like the Pirates, Mariners and other dumb MLB teams prone to insanely long losing streaks need to in the future to prevent such insanely long losing streaks before they stretch to 20 or even more games?

ght themselves out of this mess?