Big L Stan asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

Did you believe sammy sosa's excuse for the corked bat?

In case you haven't heard it, he said that the corked bat was being used for batting practice and a mix-up caused Sosa to use it in game.

Also, the rest of his bats were checked and were not corked. Bats that had been sent to the hall of fame also were found to be uncorked.

I know this happened a while ago, but I am fairly new

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

haha i love throwback questions

yes a believe sammy

• Fozzy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Regardless of WHy Sosa used the bat in a game, is was incredibly stupid that he did.

If you buy the whole crap about it being a "batting practice bat" then that only shows that Sosa was more interested in being the center of attention by hitting a lot more homers in BP than he was in actually getting ready for the game. If anything, a player should take a bat that makes it MORE difficult to hit - maybe a couple ounces heavier for instance- into BP to make hitting in the game seem more easy.

As for why he would only have one corked bat, the explanation is simple. If a corked bat should happen to break, they are going to probably look at all of your other bats. And if a bat should break in a game and found to be corked, you are going to be suspended for a few games, which is MORE thank enough time to simply cork another one. Therefore, there is no need to own more than one.

Personally I think everything Sosa ever said was nothing more than a calculated attempt to cultivate favor with the fans. He played the little Flintstone vitamins game, he magically forgot how to speak English in front of Congress, he did his little bit with McGwire where he kept referring to McGwire as the man, he played up to the dugout cameras, etc.

Plain and simply put - no I don't believe it. I believe instead it was simply a pathetic attempt at cheating by a player who loved to take shortcuts.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Did you believe sammy sosa's excuse for the corked bat?

In case you haven't heard it, he said that the corked bat was being used for batting practice and a mix-up caused Sosa to use it in game.

Also, the rest of his bats were checked and were not corked. Bats that had been sent to the hall of fame also were found to be uncorked.

I know this...

Source(s): sammy sosa 39 excuse corked bat: https://biturl.im/3dJHe
  • jeff
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

yes i do believe his story. the evidence of the other bats not being corked is one reason and if i recall there was a photo or video of the ab where you could see there was a C on the knob of the bat. he said it was to put on a show for the fans in bp. i am willing to bet he broke more than 1 bat in his career prior and none of those were corked.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It is believeable. Only 1 of his bats were found corked, so I have no doubt he was telling the truth.

• 8 years ago

the reason i believe him is because he never needed a corked bat, it happened one time. i didnt find it to be a very big deal to be honest.

• 4 years ago

The Texas Rangers signing him for half a million dollars.

• 8 years ago

no i don't

he just loves passing the blame

• 8 years ago

No, hes a lying sack of ****

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.