Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Rashad Evans v Tito Ortiz?

who were u rooting for and were u happy with the fight?

Favorite Answer

I loved that fight. I was off my seat screaming at the TV like some crazy maniac haha. I was wanting Rashad to win and I thought he would have done it impressively but damn he has became an exciting and very well rounded fighter. He did not lay and pray and he took many chances to win the fight which goes to show that changing his camp was a "Great Idea." Rashad is my 2nd favorite fighter next to Forrest and Tito is my least favorite fighter in the game so when Rashad was picking apart Tito as easily as he did I was loving all of it. It just goes to show Rashad has improved far more than Tito when they last fought.

I have to give it to Tito for taking the fight on such short notice, he didn't have an excuse for his lost, said he felt in the best shape he has ever been in, and a few other things that actually made me respect him more like not talking crap and gloating after the fight. I became a fan of this sport at UFC 98 and it was the time Tito was looking horrible not only in the cage but in the media as well so it was hard to like him then. I still don't like him that much but I have much more respect for him in the last couple of days then I did a few months ago.

Rashad on the other hand is going to be a force to be reconded with and the day he fights Jones for the title, yes Jones will beat Rampage I am sure, it will be a VERY VERY interesting fight because they both know each others strengths and weaknesses so well. I firmly believe Rashad is the only one who can beat Jones just cause he knows him so well on a personal level. In fact I believe Rashad has a big advantage because he has trained at the Jackson camp and moved on and improved himself much more at the camp he is at now. Rashad knows how the Jackson camp works and will be prepared for anyone who comes from the camp. The big thing that separates Rashad from Jones is that since Rashad changed camp he will be more unpredictable to Jones than Jones is to Rashad. I must say even if Jackson does win I will love to see Rashad fight for the Title and get his belt back and I am sure if Rashad and Rampage fought again it will be more exciting than their last fight.

Sorry for the long answer I just got really into it.

• NourS.

Yes Rashad Absolutely Humiliated Tito Ortiz ! :)

I say Jones. Rashad's spectacular is basically no longer a issue for Jones. Machida is a greater perfect striker than Rashad, and Jones survived his terrific punches and saved coming. Rashad in all fairness solid and he's a mind-blowing wrestler, yet I doubt he's greater suitable or a greater perfect wrestler than Ryan Bader, and Jones ruled him on the floor. Phil Davis has a matching attain to Jones, and Rashad replaced into stricken via it. Davis replaced into no longer a ok striker to capitalize on his attain income, yet Jones is. I do exactly no longer see how Rashad can somewhat threaten Jones in any section. Rashad ought to be waiting to take Jones down, yet then what? Rashad's floor and pound isn't superb, and he's by no potential submitted everyone, so he can not end Jones on the floor. i do no longer even think of he ought to get a lay and pray victory, simply by fact i do no longer think of he would be waiting to hold Jones down for extremely long. Rashad ought to win with a fortunate haymaker, yet this is approximately it.

• ?

rashad all the way lost what little respect i had for tito during the whole deal where he challenged dana white to a fight best moment in a tito fight for me was when randy couture spanked him

I was rooting for ortiz but any outcome was fine with me