? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

NFC North VS NFC East?

What division is tougher? I believe the NFC east is an all hype divsion, that just have big spenders. Talent and toughness i go NFC north all the way

Best Answer

NFC North.

The Eagles did make some big moves and will be one of the best in the league this year, but that's about it. The Cowboys had a sub par season last year and will probably have a similar year this year. The Giants already lost their TE Kevin Boss and, possibly Steve smith. Not to mention the problems they are having with Osi and the fact that their "prince" is hurt. All that leaves is the Redskins and lets face it, with no QB they can only get worse this year.

The NFC North has the 2 top teams from the NFC last year and the Lions who have decided recently that they actually want to play football. And don't count the Vikings out just yet, sure they won't win a division or make the playoffs, but they are definitely a better team right now than the Redskins.

They're both pretty solid, but I would probably give the slight edge to the NFC North. The Packers are the reigning Super Bowl champions, the Bears are returning basically everyone from a team that finished 2nd in the NFC this year, the Vikings just picked up Donovan McNabb and already had a solid defense, and the Lions seem to be an up and coming team with lots of young talent.

The NFC East has the Eagles, who obviously have to be considered one of the top Super Bowl contenders, and the Giants who have both a great offense and defense. But there are big question marks regarding both the Cowboys and Redskins. The Cowboys made virtually no changes to a 6-10 team last season, granted Tony Romo missed much of the season. But I've never really been sold on Tony Romo, plus their run defense is god awful. I personally think that the Redskins are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season. They go into the season with John Beck as their starting QB, a terrible running game, and a defense that ranked 31st last season.

Overall, I think that the NFC North is slightly better and definitely more competitive. I think that people just jump out quickly and say the East because they have been the better division for the past decade, they always seem to go out and bring spend lots of money in free agency and they get all the hype from the media. People should look at what the North has and what the East doesn't have befor coming to a conclusion.

NFC North for sure.

Philly is pretty good and the Giants can be good, but Washington is garbage and Dallas is just one of those teams that will always get the publicity despite the fact that they haven't really been that good in recent years. And although I think Chicago is overrated, they are still better than Washington and Dallas. Plus, the Vikings will not be as bad as many are saying they will be this year. Add to that the Super Bowl champs and the North is overall a better division.

On a side note... If Carolina wasn't so bad and if Tampa was more proven I would venture to say that the South might be the best division in the NFC top to bottom.

NFC North and NFC South are both better divisions than the East. But those 3 are probably the 3 best in football.

The East has the glitz with teams like Dallas, Philly and the Giants while the North is the blue collar division. I think that three NFC North teams could easily take any team in the NFC East, Minnesota being the lone question mark, because the East teams are too busy worrying about their highlight reel instead of winning the game.

• DB-C

It's a tie in my eyes, the Eagles would go 4-0 vs NFC north, the Giants would maybe lose one, the redskins would lose all, and the Cowboys could go 2-2. Both divisions are very good, but the NFC north holds 4 playoff contenders where as the East holds 3 so I would maybe tend to agree with the North being tougher.

• Sam

NFC North. Dallas is sliding while the Lions are rising, and Bears and Packers are both good teams.

according to the rivals

eagles vs packers (right now the peackers) yes the packers until the reg season

redskins vs lions (lions slightly better)

vikings vs giants( giants in a close battle)

bears vs cowboys (bears a lil better)

nfc north is better

NFC east