what do you do when you are misunderstood?

Benny my avatar is from Regwahs newest photo stream at Flickr GREAT STUFF!

Favorite Answer

I usually go out of my way to try and explain my true intentions .I get really embarrassed sometimes and I worry that I might have unknowingly hurt someones feelings or come across in a way that seems like I was mean or hateful.It's funny you should ask this question because I seem to be misunderstood a lot when it comes to poetry I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't even have a clue what a poem is and I have never written an actual poem and I am not even a bad poet because then I would have had to write a poem. I do write stuff but I am not sure what it is I actually write. I am like the proverbial fat girl who thinks she is skinny or the anorexic skinny girl who thinks she is extremely obese when she looks into a mirror .I am saying girl because I think I am a man but i am not sure if I am wrong about this in some kind of matrix like reality that will backfire and dump me and who I thought I was like a turd into a cesspool of preteen opinion and advice that is the foul smelling confidence crushing yahoo mixing pot of impacted wisdom near truths hissy fits and hypothesis's based on resentment and jealousy that certain people get when they find out they can't be or will they ever come close to being similar to the uniqueness that is me.I only try to write poems and i make a point to only try to say something helpful even if I think there is no hope at all .Why should I put down someones heartfelt attempt? The poem will be forgotten almost immediately ,but mean and hurtful words will remain sometimes forever inside of people and they are like poison .I do lash out at people to get even I know it's wrong .But to tell you the truth I just like to write about anything and I know The things I write are not bad .I could say they are on a level that is not of this site high above and beyond I won't though. The praise of people means nothing to me I truly expect the worst and peoples response has almost no bearing on what I write most of the time .A lot of people on yahoo need to insult something they feel is greater than themselves to feel like they are being raised higher than pile of crap that is their inner being while pulling down something they can only look up to..

Of course a rare few on here are some of the coolest people who I admire in around about way and I think you may know who you are .If you would like to become one of these people I can email you an application and a self addressed envelope .Please enclose a $300.00dollar money order for a non refundable application fee and you will receive an answer in 12 to 14 months if you get approved .You can apply as many times as you like. Why do I come back to this site ? i need a reminder every now and then of how mean and rude and selfish I was when I was young and how unhappy I was for so long because I had so many unrealistic expectations of what life owed me .I was forever disappointed .When I learned to let all of that useless worry and negative energy go I felt a ton lifted off of my shoulders .I learned to be thankful for what I had for that day and I quit feeling bad about the things i didn't have. I learned to be faithful with all of the small things and greater things started to slowly fill my life. I used to feel like a failure but now My life is so cool I can't believe how good I have it and I haven't worked in like 15 years and I don't get a government check or that crap .It's like everything I need falls into my lap .I don't steal or sell drugs either .I'm 46 and my body looks like I'm still 34 I work out every day and I have a beautiful 24 year old girlfriend I have been living with for almost 2 1/2 years .she is going to medical school at U.T.Austin we live on the campus in a nice condo .It's like I live in a dream world .I feel younger now than when I was 20 .I know Ii am old but I still look good .I don't know why God gave me health I should be dead from the18 years of hard drugs .I been sober a while now .Go to my pulse and check out my girl and my old man muscles ..I have nothing to get mad about anymore I do like to write long smart a s s rants to push buttons but I just wanted to say Hi to L.C. and 5ft7 and some of the others on here .I know these words might resemble some people but not the people I like on this site. I am going to another site I started a blog and people actually like to read it .I feel like I have a job making sure they have something to read it's crazy. Oh and I can cuss and talk about sex and call people bad names and say I'm going to hunt people down and do their girlfriends and nobody gives a rats a s s and they can't take any points . I will let them kiss my a s s though ....for 20 bucks .....I look good naked they gotta pay me to strip Mark Mark

Source(s): I ate the wrong kind of mushroom.
  • ?

Lindsey Lohan - Hooch Paris - Hooch Nicole ritchie- Misunderstood The Olson twins- Misunderstood Tara Reid- Hooch Craddle rober ,, i advise Mariah Carey- Misundertood Hilary Rodham -Clinton - Misunderstood Contestants on style of love - Hooches Angelina Jolie Husband stealing- hooch Heidi Montag interest searching for- hooch Kim Kardashian - Misunderstood

Hi. come to a resolution, talk the problem out. Be scrupulously honest yourself. You can’t be deceptive and still expect honesty from the other side. Our society encourages lying, especially in negotiations. If you want honesty, cultivate your own reputation for honesty. Control your emotions. It’s easy to get angry when you think someone is lying to you or about you. Take a deep breath, be firm and speak only the truth back. Don’t lose your composure or your tongue.

Let go of different viewpoints of the past. Sometimes two people will have very different perspectives on what has occurred. Just because someone sees it differently or perceived an event differently, doesn’t mean that they are lying or that they won’t follow through with their commitments. Concentrate on the future, what needs to happen from here on out and how you can keep the problem from recurring.

yeah I love the new avi too sis and Regwah does som great stuff.

Um, I usually speak my piece again, understandin the other maybe dint get me, but then I just let it sink in to them, if they even care to get it and let them come back to me, maybe sayin what they dint understand. It's called conversation without explosive, or hurtful reaction.

IE: I like it.

I don't

Why?

Just don't

OK, but?

Then I just wait till they can respond rationally

Depends on the situation. If it causes a breakdown in the relationship/friendship. I'd crawl away and cry because I hate having people think of me as a bad person.

If it's minor, I'll try to re-explain myself. If that doesn't work...give up, but kick myself on the inside for not being eloquent enough.

• doe

It depends on how passionate I am in regards to the subject matter, I have mellowed with age and often feel whoever is misunderstanding will one day also be misunderstood. Then I write and let it out on paper.

Unless a person really knows me i'm usually always being misunderstood.

which is because they really may not care to know me,,so they try to make me as they want.

I have to go waste time proving,I was misunderstood.after all these years,

I am getting tired of explaining my every word.

• Nat

Confusion over why;

Examination of reason.

Anger, then disassociation from person who is closed minded.

Frustration over having to explain my motives and having explanation rejected.

Removing person from my personal feelings.

I stare at the person like " e__O" until they get uncomfortable so I'm not the only one feeling weird e.e

trying to make myself clear as much as possible

try this 3 times if it's not working

then

doesnt matter anymore