Dan H asked in PetsOther - Pets · 8 years ago

African clawed frog not eating?

Hi guys. I recently noticed that one of the eyes on my albino african clawed frog turned a cloudy white color. the entire pupil is milky. I think it might be some kind of fungal/bacterial infection so i am currently treating him with tetra fungus guard. The problem is, he hasn't been eating this past week so i'm afraid he might starve to death. Does anyone out there know why he is not eating and how i can try to get him to eat again?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

African Clawed Frogs have very sensitive eyes and frequently get infections when kept in temperatures that are too warm. ACFs should be kept in water around 76 degrees Fahrenheit.

You should clean your tank. Infections are also often brought on by poor water quality. Do a 30% water change. This will help him fight the infection as well as liven him up enough to eat.

Try hand-feeding your frog with frozen bloodworms. Frogs love them and this will usually coax them into eating. If he still refuses to eat, then there isn't much else you can do.

Here is a link with more information: http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id10.html

Source(s): I've been keeping ACFs for a little over a year. I have 7.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.