Eric B
Eric B asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

NFL: How would Carson Palmer be for Seattle?

Fans,

We all know by now that C. Palmer wanted out of Cincy Cranky Cats or else he'd retire. The Cranky Cats president (M. Brown) did not budge and the rest is history! As it stands now Carson is not going to suit up for the cats in orange so he'll purportedly sit out of the 2011-2012 season.

Enough talk of that!

Q 1. IF C. Palmer managed to play elsewhere, for the sake of hypothetical argument, HOW would Palmer do for the Seahawks, overall?

Q 2. Would Palmer fit well enough for Coach Carroll's QB schemes and plans?

Q 3. As a Seasquawk, Carson Palmer would:

A) Be Fair to Decent?

B) Be Bad?

C) Be Great to Awesome?

D) Better historically-speaking than Matt Hasselbeck?

E) Better than backup Charlie Whitehurst?

F) Better than CURRENT Starter Tarvaris Jackson?

• Favorite Answer

Q 1. Well Palmer would make total difference dating back to when the Bengals were actually good a few years ago. Seattle needs a player to help their franchise be successful and that player can be Carson Palmer even though personally I would say Brett Favre and Kyle Orton would be nice choices but Carson Palmer is a more reasonable player to add. Carson Palmer would make the Seahawks a 9-7 team which would earn them a division title in the NFL West and probably the 3rd seed in the NFC playoffs.

Q 2. Yes, he would why? Because Carroll was a coach of USC (Carson played in USC back in 2004) I don't know if Carroll was the coach at that time but I definitely think Palmer can get used to the playbook easily and quickly even though he needs to make his decision soon because the preseason is starting next week.

Q 3. I think he would be better than Tarvaris Jackson (option F). He has talent and versatility that allows him to lead a team from being a non-playoff team like Seattle to being even a division leader. He will definitely help the Seahawks prevail and I think that he was the starter than there is a bigger chance that Seattle makes the playoffs once more this year.

Hope all this answers.

Source(s): NFL.com

1. I think he would be decent assuming the line played well. However cincinatti would rather seem him retired. They won't let him go.

2. Yes he could.

3.As for the third question I would say A, E, and F. Too early to add D B and C there is not enough information to answer that. I mean the bengals are the dregs so I can't slam Palmer until he has played on another team.

Q 1. He would do better than Hasselbeck or T. Jackson

Q 2. Great because he won a Heisman with Coach Carroll at USC

Q 3. A D E and F

Q 1: Wildcard Team, Palmer is too talented to not take a team in the NFC West to the playoffs.

Q 2: Yes, he's extremely intelligent & would get a fresh start.

Q 3: All of the above except B, D.

Too long;did no longer examine besides Carson Palmer isn't a bust. in case you have no longer been residing under a rock this decade Carson threw for 4,000 yards and 32 TD in 2005, then he have been given injured. After that leg harm he's on no account been the comparable. in my opinion i inspect him as a "what would have been if it wasn't for the harm".