If we aim for the title - we will fall short and get a top 4 spot - if we aim for 4th?

" I think its beneficial and more realistic to set your sights on top four. " do you agree with that ? I personaly don't i'm afraid. aim for 4th and we'll end up in 5th, 6th or possibly 7th aagain - ALTHOUGH i doubt it as we have no European football obligations this season and... show more " I think its beneficial and more realistic to set your sights on top four. "

do you agree with that ?

I personaly don't i'm afraid.

aim for 4th and we'll end up in 5th, 6th or possibly 7th aagain - ALTHOUGH i doubt it as we have no European football obligations this season and a MASSIVE squad packed full of a variety of diverse midfielders.

Surely if we aim for 1st each season (like Arsenal do ) then you create a placebo effect at the club, amongst players and coaching staff and your rivals begin to buy into the bluff - that you're one of their title challengers !

Arsene knew after 04/05 , when Chelsea won the title in a dominating fashion (95 pts...) and Arsenal finished 2nd - that it was now 'officially over' for them - and that Chelsea had brutally knocked them off the picture for any future title challenges, especialy with the commitments to the new stadia venture.

They set a new benchmark in standard to reach - United being managed by SAF didn't shy away from that, and met that challenge face on - but Arsene couldn't - he began instead, to rebuild a 'new team' - selling off his most established stars one by one.

What he did was one of the most cleverest things ever in the EPL - he told a 4th spot challenging club - that they're good enough to win the title (when actualy they were far from being good enough).

The placebo has worked wonders for them since 04/05, but i fear the fans and some key players are no longer convinced - and are fed up waiting.

But BECAUSE Wenger made them believe they were GOOD ENOUGH to fight for the title each season - they've managed to finishi n the top 4 reuguarly.

if we convince our selves that thre are o league places above 4th, and that 4th is our 'holy grail' - we're stupid.

sorry but that is not the mentality a club of our stature or history ought to adopt.

" crawl before you can walk "

sure, but why not try running before you can crawl ! ^_^

that way, you'll cover a lot of distance haha

look, my point is - if we aim for 4th spot - and obessess over that this season, we'll finish 5th lol

so lets tell ourselves we ARE going to WIN the 2011/12 BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE ! ^_^

the gooners have been telling themselves that since 05/06 - and theyve always gotten into CL !

Lastly - remember this season ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%...
Update: LOL @ Lipi..
10 answers 10