The Phenom asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

WWE Released Chris Masters, Melina, Vladimir Kozlov, Gail Kim, and David Hart Smith...thoughts?

Chris Masters, Melina, Vladimir Kozlov and David Hart Smith were released and Gail Kim apparently quit or got fired.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think if they had a chance, Chris Masters would be the most successful, then Vladimir Kozlov and David Hart Smith would be equally successful, Gail Kim and Melina would be ok

• Favorite Answer

:Let me make a Correction, Gail Kim apparantly quit after Monday Night Raw. This was contrary to what she Tweeted earlier in the week about not being upset that she was asked to eliminate herself in the Divas Battle Royal. the reality is that she was upset and basically told The WWE to take this job and shove it.

If you look at World Wrestling Entertainment from a business standpoint, WWE looks at how much money they make off your character. This comes down to Merchandise including T-Shirts, Caps, Wristbands, Jerseys, Action Figures, DVD's and other Merchandise. Based from that perspecitve, WWE was justified in releasing each one of them. None of the people named above sold a lot of merchandise.

Here is my opinion from a Wrestling Skill point of view:

Chris Masters--Big and Strong, but I can't say that I have seen him add new wrestling holds, new wrestling moves. He needs to be a harder worker.

Vladimir Kozlov--I disagreed with how WWE has marketed this guy ever since they turn him from a Potential Unstoppable force to a Comedy Act. He will be great in another Wrestlign Promotion if they let him using his Greco-Roman Wrestling, Judo, Russian Sambo and Mixed Martial Arts Skills, he should go to Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH, Dragon Gate USA or New Japan Pro Wrestling.

David Hart Smith--I have the same criticism of him that I have of Chris Master. Big and Strong, but I can't say that I have seen him add new wrestling holds, new wrestling moves. He needs to be a harder worker.

Melina--Before her last injury she was using new wrestling holds, new wrestling moves, kicks, strikes and was really getting over with the fans. Little Girls were practically giving her a standing ovation in Madison Square Garden in New York City, and I thought that if the WWE would take the time to market her, Melina could sell merchandise almost as well as Rey Mysterio. When Melina came back from injury, The WWE Booking Team mader her into a Heel, gave her a storyline that fizzled out and she didn't seem to wrestle as well.

Gail Kim--WWE did almost nothing with Gail Kim, they seem to be just happy with the fact that she left TNA and signed with WWE. This was truly wasting the time of a great wrestler and never pushing her at all.

By the criteria I listed above, i.e. Merchandise Sales and Revenue, there will be more WWE Wrestlers and WWE Divas who get released. The next time you go to a WWE Show, look to see who has merchandise at the concession stands, that will give you an idea who WWE is high on.

RE:

Thoughts?

Personally, I think if they had a chance, Chris Masters would be the most successful, then Vladimir Kozlov and David Hart Smith would be equally successful, Gail Kim and...

Source(s): wwe released chris masters melina vladimir kozlov gail kim david hart smith thoughts: https://trimurl.im/j74/wwe-released-chris-masters-...

Gail Kim quit. She was told to be eliminated within the first minute of the Divas Battle Royale, so she hit Alicia Fox then slid under the bottom rope an eliminated herself. Then she went to the back and quit.

I can see Vladimir Kovlov and D Smith (only because they are not being used), but I thought they were supposed to give Masters a push. I think melina and Gail got a bum deal. Especially Gail never really getting the chance after leaving a good thing with TNA and then pretty much being benched on her return to WWE.

Wwe Vladimir Kozlov

I'm just in shock at David Hart Smith. He could of made a name for himself if used correctly. He had soooooooo much potential. Gail Kim didn't get fired she quit and I can't blame her. As far as Chris Masters goes,He had good wrestling ability. But wasn't really main event material. Vladimir Kozlov well it was bound to happen eventually. Melina,well they're still upset about what happened with Trish. WWE just has no idea what they're doing.

Melina Wwe

They were all misused. Melina has had it coming though. She's one of the best on the roster but her heel turn, jabs at WWE via twitter and backstage heat are what did her in

gail and melina are 2 of the 4 good wwe divas beth and layla are only good ones left dumb move

BS all underused wrestler. Gail quit btw there is a difference

• Reggie

i agree with break the walls down. all are underused. i guess chris masters wont challenge zack ryder for is internet championship