A place besides Facebook/Linked In to add a small group for professional discussions?

I'm currently working on a side project with a group of professionals. I do now want to add them on Facebook since it has a lot of my personal life and info and do not want to create a Linked In account since it's for a small side project. We would all like a place to share ideas/information within our group and have discussions- Privately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Google+ is labelled by Jagex as a project, but to the technology world at large it's a social network that has integrated with other Google projects. This project by Google has a number of useful features that you'll be able to take advantage of.

The biggest feature are circles, which allow you to sort the people you follow into groups, for example family, friends, work, online, you could go into even further detail if you wish. If you and your small group of professionals add each other into a group you can choose to share information into that group, an individual in that group, or you can make it public. This new feature essentially allows you to make posts as private as you need/want them to be.

Google also has it's own built in video chat system which will allow you to create a conference like chat with upto ten people. While basic it's a free feature that allows upto ten people, this feature is called Hangouts.

If you'd like an invite update your question saying so, and i'll invite you. Google+ is in a closed beta phase at the moment so you can't just sign up. Once i've invited you though, you'll be able to invite as much people as you'd like.

Source(s): Experience http://www.plus.google.com
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Funny that you asked. Did you know that Google+ solves the problem of mixing your personal and professional life?

• axtman
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

unique - probable no concepts on that one from me - yet project the gang to do the affection dare - have the church do a collection baby look after date nights - one interest that our church did (yet has no longer something to do with the action picture) grew to become right into a "cruise" for the contributors of the church - they checked in - had video games, a skills coach, and so on. stable success - it grew to become right into a stable action picture - on no account go away your significant different on my own.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.