Do you like newer Doctor Who with McGann, Ecclestone, Tennant and Smith?

I heavily sympathise with those who feel the show has been ruined. The show is all about special effects and pretty people, with saccharine scripts and serious overacting. The scripts aren't all that well-written, even when they come from masters like Neil Gaiman and Mark Gattiss. The show isn't fun... show more I heavily sympathise with those who feel the show has been ruined. The show is all about special effects and pretty people, with saccharine scripts and serious overacting. The scripts aren't all that well-written, even when they come from masters like Neil Gaiman and Mark Gattiss. The show isn't fun anymore, the stories are boring. I thought Ecclestone was a fine actor but I wasn't much of a Tennant fan and I've never really understood why he's as popular as he is, he's pompous and silly. I like Karen Gillan, with her good looks and her feisty personality. I've like some of their newer episodes because they are more of a return to the simpler style of earlier Dr. Who but they are still not phenomenal to me. I still think new Dr. Who is OK, I just don't think its a patch on the old Dr. Who.
Update: I agree with this guy from imdb, or at least I get where he's coming from. 16 out of 30 people found the following review useful: Ghastly mistake, 9 July 2005 Author: gordon451 from East Victoria Park, Western Australia No. I'm sorry, this resurrection was -- is -- one of the worst mistakes I have seen in... show more I agree with this guy from imdb, or at least I get where he's coming from.

16 out of 30 people found the following review useful:
Ghastly mistake, 9 July 2005
Author: gordon451 from East Victoria Park, Western Australia

No.

I'm sorry, this resurrection was -- is -- one of the worst mistakes I have seen in TV.

I watched the first 3 episodes with growing dismay. I thought "Surely they must get better!" Except they didn't.

Dr Who was NOT a mishmash of the worst aspects of Star Trek (TV) and Monty Python (TV). But this parody is. It doesn't even have the intelligence and care those wonderful programs incorporated, let alone the commitment to quality the original Dr. Who serials showed. I won't catalog all the wrongs in the 3 episodes, because 1,000 words is not enough.

If the makers of this disaster wish to be remembered favourably, they should immediately and permanently remove the series from the air and apologise to all the viewers.

1 out of ten.