I need help writing a petition?

Ok so I'm writing a petition for them to put up lights on the soccer fields by my house...there are 4 and they are constantly in use but we can't play at night....they set up lights on the volleyball fields and stuff but no one ever uses them.....and there are tons of ppl I know that would sign it....how do I start and what do I put in it???? I'm only 15 lol but this will seriously impact the field traffic and more ppl will be playing at later times :) okay thanx BAIII <333

Favorite Answer

Write a simple statement including the hours of use for the lights. I would

suggest that you have 10PM Sunday through Thursday and 11PM for Friday and Saturday. I was on my local park board for around 10 years and often neighbors demand no lights. You are on the right track with bringing a petition. You will probably need to bring a bunch of people in favor of your idea to a public meeting. Find out who oversees this-city or county parks? City Council or County Commissioners or ? depending on your local government. Good luck!