What are the best movies of the following directors each?
-Francis Ford Coppola
-The Coen Brothers
-Paul Thomas Anderson
- David BLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
MS - Goodfellas
WA - Annie Hall
FFC - The Godfather
SS - Schindler's List
SK - Dr. Strangelove
AK - The Seven Samurai
JC - Titanic
DF - The Social Network
CB - Fargo
PTA - Boogie Nights
QT - Pulp Fiction
CN - Memento
- 9 years ago
- Martin Scorsese ('Raging Bull' and 'Taxi Driver' are his finest achievements, but honourable mention should go to 'Goodfellas' and 'Shutter Island')
- Woody Allen ('Annie Hall' all the way, but 'Manhattan' is visually enthralling and 'Match Point' is brilliantly suspenseful)
- Francis Ford Coppola ('The Godfather', 'Apocalypse Now - Redux', and 'The Conversation')
- Steven Spielberg ('Schindler's List' and 'Duel')
- Stanley Kubrick ('2001: A Space Odyssey', 'Dr. Strangelove', 'The Shining (1980)', and 'The Killing' are the one's that rank highest with me, but 'A Clockwork Orange' is still undeniably excellent)
- Akira Kurosawa ('Seven Samurai' and 'Yojimbo')
- James Cameron ('Terminator 2: Judgement Day')
- David Fincher ('Se7en' wins, but 'The Social Network' and 'The Game' are close contenders)
- The Coen Brothers ('Burn After Reading', 'The Man Who Wasn't There', 'A Serious Man', and 'Miller's Crossing')
- Paul Thomas Anderson (have not seen any of his films yet)
- Quentin Tarantino ('Inglourious Basterds' and 'Reservoir Dogs')
- Darren Aronofsky ('Black Swan')
- Christopher Nolan ('Memento', 'Insomnia (2002)', and 'The Dark Knight')
- JessLv 69 years ago
Martin Scorsese - Wow, I love his movies. there's Shutter Island, The Departed, Casino and Goodfellas.
Woody Allen - I'm sure I've not saw any of the movies he's directed
Francis Ford Coppola - Jack and The Godfather
Steven Spielberg - Saving Private Ryan, E.T., Jaws and Jurasic Park
Stanley Kubrick - The Shining
Akira Kurusowa - um... never saw his movies
James Cameron - Titanic, Terminator and Aliens
David Fincher - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Panic Room
The Coen Brothers - Again, never saw their films
Paul Thomas Anderson - Not saw any
Quentin Tarantino - Reservoir Dogs
Darren Aronofsky - Black Swan
Christopher Nolan - The Dark Knight and Inception
- 9 years ago
-Martin Scorsese *Gangs of New York, hands down!
-Woody Allen *Midnight in Paris
-Francis Ford Coppola *The Godfather
-Steven Spielberg *Schindler's List
-Stanley Kubrick *Dr. Strangelove
-Akira Kurusowa *Seven Samurai!!
-James Cameron *Titanic
-David Fincher *Fight Club and The Social Network are both so amazing I cannot pick one.
-The Coen Brothers *True Grit
-Paul Thomas Anderson *Magnolia
-Quentin Tarantino *Reservoir Dogs
-Darren Aronofsky *Black Swan of course
-Christopher Nolan *Inception
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
-Martin Scorsese - 'Taxi Driver'
-Woody Allen - Annie Hall'
-Francis Ford Coppola - 'Apocalypse Now'
-Steven Spielberg - 'Duel' (I'm serious)
-Stanley Kubrick - 'The Shining'
-Akira Kurusowa - 'Rashomon'
-James Cameroon - 'Avatar'
-David Fincher - 'Fight Club'
-The Coen Brothers - 'Blood Simple'
-Paul Thomas Anderson - 'Magnolia'
-Quentin Tarantino - 'Pulp Fiction'
-Darren Aronofsky - 'Pi'
-Christopher Nolan - 'Memento'