Peppercorn sauce recipe & Method?

Hey everyone,

Can anyone please provide me with a Peppercorn Sauce recipe (preferably easy one) and method please

much appreciated

Favorite Answer

It depends on what you like, for me and I am a former chef, I pan sear the steak, then when I allow it to rest I make the sauce, add a bit of butter to the pan, some fine chopped shallots or onions, stir and cook, now alcohol is fine red wine or a splash of brandy or sherry is nice, deglaze the pan for 30 seconds and add your peppercorns, I use either coarsely crushed black peppercorns, just bash them under a frying pan, I sometimes use tinned green ones packed in brine, I used these as chef here in Canada and around the world in my chef career (my mate in Liverpool use them in his restaurant on his pork tenderloin dish), stir them in to make them fragrant, then add a half tin of beef gravy, bring to a simmer and toss in 2 tablespoons of double cream and a bit of chopped parsley, cook for 2 minutes and serve with or over the steak, I would use the tinned beef gravy from the shops or get some from the chip shops, we made our own Brown Beef sauce (not bottled) when I was in the trade.

If this is for something like a steak I would put a splash of wine in the pan that you fry the steak in after you have cooked it (pour the fat out first of course). Boil the wine down, take it off the heat and whisk in a little bit of butter and crushed up peppercorns.

Hope this helped

Sunny

Here is incredibly simple and delicious sauce recipe. Mix soy sauce and wasabi paste and pour over steak or use as dipping sauce for meat. You can slice steak before serve for beautiful presentation on plate. Enjoy!

• Bear

Save yourself the effort - Schwartz make a half decent one that you just add cream or milk to.