what book would you give a 13 year old girl?

i want to give my cousin who is 13 a book as a present.She likes to read books with suspense

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Vampire Novels

-Night World series by L.J Smith

-House of Night series by Kirsten and P.C Cast

-Vampire Diaries series by L.J Smith

-Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

-Evernight series by Claudia Gray

-Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) by Kimberly Pauley (+ sequel, Still sucks to be me...)

-Jessica's Guide to Dating on The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

-Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine

-Bite me by Melissa Francis

-Vampire kisses series by Ellen Schreiber

-Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (+ sequel, The Last Days)

-Look for me by the moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

-Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz

-Thirst series by Christopher Pike

-Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Supernatural Books

-The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

-The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare

-Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

-Darkness Rising trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

-Need series by Carrie Jones

-Curse Workers series by Holly Black

-Tattoo & Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

-Dream Catcher trilogy by Lisa McMann

-Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready

-Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

-The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade (+ sequel, Queen of the Dead)

-The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

-The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

-Banished by Sophie Littlefield

-The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

-Strange Angels series by Lili St.Crow

-Dark Visions series by L.J Smith

-Hold me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

-The Devouring trilogy by Simon Holt

-Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

-The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

-Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Dystopian fantasy

-Delirium by Lauren Oliver

-Skinned trilogy by Robin Wassermann

-Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

-The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

-Gone series by Micheal Grant

Romance

-So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld

-Pretty Little liars series by Sara Shepard

-Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

-Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkeles

-The Astonishing Adventures of Fan boy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga (+ Goth Girl Rising)

-Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn

-Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter

-Audrey Wait by Robin Benway

-Teen Idol by Meg Cabot

-The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

-Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford (+sequel Carter's Big Break)

Source(s): HTH!
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I love reading, and I just turned 14. Here are some books I really enjoyed. I'll summarize them so you can decide for yourself whether or not she'll like them.

The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld is about a futuristic society in which, at 16, everyone has plastic surgery to become "Pretties." Shay decides she doesn't want the surgery, and runs away, pushing her best friend Tally into a world of chaos. The authorities offer Tally a choice: find Shay and bring her home, or never turn Pretty at all.

The Gone series by Michael Grant is about what happens when suddenly, in a sleepy suburban town, all the adults disappear, and the teens start developing powers. The books in it are Gone, Hunger, Lies, and Plaque.

The Darkest Power series is about Chloe, a girl who can see and talk to ghosts. When after an incident, she's diagnosed with schizophrenia and sent to Lyle group home for Troubled Teens, she doesn't realize that Lyle house has a dark past, and the residents aren't what they seem. The books in it are The Summoning, The Awakening, and The Reckoning.

The Percy Jackson series is also a great series. It's about Percy, a half human, half greek god, demi god. When he discovers he's a half blood (and a powerful one) instead of getting the training he needs, he's volunteered to do a dangerous task for a father he barely knows. The first book is Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke follows Maggie, an "normal" girl who inherits a mysterious and dangerous talent from her father: Whenever she reads aloud from a book, the characters in the book she's reading aloud from spring out of the book, and into the real world.

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson is about teens that are part human, part avian, on the run from the scientists who created them. The first book is the Angel Experiment.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is about a dystopia in which teens are forced to fight to the death on live T.V. Katniss volunteers to take her sister's place, and without really meaning to, becomes a contender. But to win, she'll have to weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore is about a girl, Katsa, who is Graced with killing. She is a Graceling, someone with extreme skill. Because she is Graced, she is forced to work as the king's thug. Then she meets Prince Po, Graced with Hand Combat. She becomes his friend and discovers not only a horrible secret far away, but a startling truth about her own Grace.

Pretty Little Liars Series by Sarah Shepard-- Four former BFFs deal not only with the disappearance of their fifth Best Friend, Alison, but with mysterious threatening text messages about their deepest, darkest secrets, all signed with an A.

The Alchemyst (Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott is about two twins who during their summer break, are thrown into a magical feud between two alchemists. Magic, supernaturals, mythology, and an immortal threat all make this a fast paced thriller.

Source(s): I love reading, and these books are amazing. Email me (Kittykatfan78@yahoo.com) if you need more suggestions or have questions about my recommendations. Good luck finding a book for your cousin :).
  • 8 years ago

Women of owu,by femi osofisan.its all about a prince who took someone else wife,the man who is gifted with witch power to sharpen knives and stones into sharps now he has come 4 revenge

Source(s): It's an african drama precisely nigerian
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Girl with a Pearl Earring.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

twilight saga?

jaqueline wilson?

harry potter?

i'm not too sure, im 14 but i prefer to read older books like animal farm, roll of thunder hear my cry, romeo and juliet, the other boleyn girl, or fantacy like twilight, true blood series (though they're a little descriptive), harry potter, things like that :)

hope i gave some help :)

Source(s): mee
  • 8 years ago

The Hunger Games. Its the best series ever.

• 8 years ago

I'd go for:

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Suspense throughout, only about £5.99

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Kevin Brooks definitely!

there's:

Road of the dead

Black Rabbit Summer

Being

Candy

they're all so, so good. loads of good twists that keep you guessing, and he writes in a style that teenagers can easily relate to.

• dawe
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

My daughter enjoyed the Nancy Drew books while she replaced into your age. They been as much as date to lead them to greater present day. She additionally enjoyed a series stated as the little one sitters club. happy you pick to study. savor!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

By your discretion I would try a suspenseful book. Just ask a librarian or a worker in a bookstore. 10 points please! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.