Should the entire nation pass an illegal immigration law similar to Alabama's?

Should all of the U.S. states pass an illegal immigration law similar to Alabama's. Here's a rundown of the law:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/09/us-immig...

What do you think? Should the US crackdown on illegal aliens within the states? Thanks for answering!

Favorite Answer

Well yeah honestly, I mean I am Mexican myself, but am here legally, and I like fairness and justice. There are many cons to illegal immigration and unfortunately not enough pros to counter it. First and foremost, illegal means ILLEGAL, a law was violated therefore you have no right to be here. Second, a LARGE percentage of illegals today are getting away with many things I don't approve of, like getting welfare, abusing the health care system by having multiple kids to use as anchors and on top of that, not pay for their hospital bills. Another reason, is that 30% of the inmates in federal prisons are illegals, while the illegal immigrant population only makes up about 4-5% of the total population, so that tells you that a good chunk of illegals are criminals of other sorts (not all of them so don't take this out context). Lastly, even though it is constantly denied, they are taking jobs from those who are legal citizens and residents, unemployment is at the highest it's been since the great depression and we just cannot have illegals having access to jobs while those who live here can't get them and resort to being at the unemployment line. Now don't get me wrong, there are some pros to illegals, but the cons outweigh them. I think those laws should be passed at a federal level, and to further tighten security, we should take our troops out of all these middle eastern countries and any others and have them protect the borders, because the department of homeland security is the most corrupt institution in the US and cannot be trusted. I hope this answers your question, and remember, race is NOT the issue, it is illegals, so don't let people convince you otherwise.

Source(s): Much Research

the laws should be enforced, untill it is taken off the books or it is changed. it has been a neglected duty. now the problem is so big the goverment will not touch it. staes and those made of sterner stuff put thier foot down and take a stand. heroic in the ideals of law and justice to take upon them selves this overwhelming task. fighting the good fight, when those who were trusted to do so turn their backs.

Yes 100% but the are not enforcing the law and suing states that try too

The best way is to enforce the federal laws we already have, and stop giving out hand outs such as food stamps, welfare, to them or their children.

• Karen

Since some parts of the law have been judged un-Constitutional that wouldn't work, would it?

some counties in VA are doing a similar component besides yet i think of it is going to likely be state-extensive and all states might desire to stay with. we've immigrants from around the globe who got here to this usa "for a extra useful existence" interior the path of the conventional and criminal technique. grow to be it difficulty-free for them? No, yet they nevertheless got here across a thank you to accomplish that ---- that's what illegals don't comprehend!!! Akabln -- that's not real in any respect and you recognize it. The equipment takes longer now because of the fact extra anybody is making an attempt to return right here. Illegals % to not circulate interior the path of the equipment for his or her own selfish needs! They % to disrespect American regulations, human beings and the yank way of existence. there is not something racist approximately upholding regulations. while did unlawful grow to be a race???

I think the part of the law that requires business to not hire undocumented workers, and to be fined if they do, is fine. Of course, it's ALREADY Federal law that is just not being enforced, and I'd be very, very surprised if it's enforced in Alabama.

However, requiring police to detain someone who cannot produce "proper documentation," (papers, please!) or to punish anyone for "transporting" someone who is here illegally, are completely ridiculous and unconstitutional.