Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 years ago

Is "comprehensive immigration reform" the new politically correct way to say illegal alien amnesty?

kind of like "undocumented" replaced illegal, and "immigrant" or "migrant" replaced alien, and "without papers" replaced "I snuck in"

and "fix my papers" means "i married someone to try to forgive my illegal status", or "my child is a US citizen" meant I had a bunch of babies and took advantage of your loose laws, now you have to let me stay

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Sure is.

• 8 years ago

One of the saddest parts of this whole "immigration problem" is how the people in the middle of it all are being played as pawns.

Make it a law that the only way to become a CITIZEN, and VOTE is to be born in the USA, and the Democrats will drop all the efforts they are making in favor of "immigration reform".

Make it easy to get a permanent green card and work permit and tax ID number - but impossible to become a US citizen. That's the kind of "reform" I think we all could live with.

• 8 years ago

Anything that allows these people that SPIT on our immigration laws, our country, and our ciitizens is amnesty.

"Comprehensive immigration reform" has NOTHING to do with immigration or reforming our immigration system. The ONLY thing "comprehensive immigration reform" addresses (and the only thing its supporters are concerned with) is allowing illegal aliens to stay in our country. Period.

Our country admits more legal immigrants than any other country in the WORLD. There is only ONE way to immigrate to a country and that is by using that country's immigration process. "Comprehensive immigration reform" totally and completely bypasses this process.

• Karen
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

no, it's not. It's a way to say we need to look at the whole immigration law and not just the part about what to do with "illegals." They say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, " unfortunately, it is broke.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

No but fear mongering republicans are trying their hardest to convince the American people so. But they are just playing you. If you opens ur sure you could see this. They know reform would actually do something to fix the illegal immigration problem, and that they won't have. They know the economic value of having an exploitable class of people whom you can turn around and bash at election times so people will be distracted from their voting record which is.the real reason America is in this mess. So they spew fear and hateful rhetoric put out their by john tanton groups to so the ignorant will be scared and feel like they will do.something to calm those illegitimate fears and bote for them. But in reality they will so nothing

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Sounds about right.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes it is, only illegals think it's fair.

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

No, immigration reform is not amnesty. Amnesty imposes no penalties whereas immigration reform requires applicants to pay fines and back taxes.

• KIZE
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Isn't it the truth. Yes.

• 8 years ago

the left manipulates language,

hence,the truth

fear mongering??????????????

obomber is the gremlin in chief

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.