Any software which shows how to repair certain problems with each car ...?

Hello, I was wondering if there's any software out there that shows how to repair a certain problem with a car. Kind of like a repair manual but for all types of cars. Let's say the A/C isn't working on a type of car and it shows the possible problems and a solution to each one of them. I've tried lookin online with no success. Please help me out

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, there is software like Alldata or Mitchell On Demand. This is what many repair shops use. It's subscription based and expensive. If you buy a factory repair manual for your car, it will have complex flow charts and step procedures to diagnose most problems, much more detailed than you get in Haynes manuals.

zxc

• Pete M
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I've never seen any software that deals with diagnosing car problems but there is a lot of information already available free of charge on the internet.

You can go to youtube for video repair tutorials, ask.com, ehow, and the list goes on. Just type in a question and the answer is usually out there.

Sometimes the challenge is in how you word the question.

"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

• poland
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i realize it is to previous due now to tell you and others it could pay to run the a/c unit a pair of cases for the time of the iciness so the seals do no longer dry out. do you recognize WHICH of the two refrigerants you have in that Subaru the previous stuff i believe develop into r-12 or r-22 uncertain which. the value of those previous gasses went for the time of the roof some years in the past while the government banned them from further use. i think of they made them double the value of those gases each and every twelve months. you could properly be fortunate to even locate somebody who has the two of those gases. i think of the recent device makes use of A-123 or something like that. it won't artwork interior the previous device nevertheless. so those with the previous device are expected to have an entire new device put in interior the previous motor vehicle. get a cost for only gassing it up or repairing. i could only gas it up. the autos ten years previous. that would not make it a foul vehicle, you probably did no longer point out what proportion miles it had on it while to procure it. you could desire to evaluate that still. it is not going to be inexpensive the two way. you could come across a refrigerator restore guy because of the fact now once you throw away fridges they empty the previous gas out of those unites and shop it. it hurts the ozone u understand. somebody like that could provide you a extra efficient deal. solid luck to ya

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

it is called a service manual or haynes manual for your make and model of car. It shows all mechanical and wiring diagrams you need to help diagnose and fix your problems. You have to understand how the system works in order to figure out what is wrong and fix it. There is no universal diagram for every car as each one is different.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ken D
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

What is you problem? Put it here and we will resolve it for you. or read a repair manual at your library.

• 9 years ago

haynes manuals, they have everything on there and they go step by step to show you how to fix it. you can pick them up at any major auto parts shops.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.