promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Are the Seahawks a decent QB away from being serious contenders?

QB: Charlie Whitehurst or Tarvaris Jackson (This, in and of itself, is pathetic)

RB: Marshawn Lynch

FB: Owen Schmidt, the best young FB in the game

WR: Sidney Rice/Mike Williams/Golden Tate

TE:Zach Miller/John Carlson

T: Russell Okung/ James Carpenter, whom both are young 1st rounders

G: Robert Gallery/Mike Gibson

C: Max Unger, a 1st rounder a few years ago

Their defense is very solid, as well.

Without a doubt, their biggest weakness is the QB spot. Do you think the Seahawks should go all out to get Andrew Luck via the draft next year, or do you think Seattle should stay put to see if Matt Barkley (Pete Carroll's mentee) or Landry Jones falls on their lap?

Update:

@Jake- Williams caught 65 balls last year? How does that constitute sucking? He may not be great, but he doesn't suck.

You're just bitter because Williams sucked it up in Detroit.

Fight on, USC.

Update 2:

Lions are good now? LMAOOOOOOOO

Update 3:

@Jake- I'm a bigot, Jake? Do you want me to tell everyone all those racial slurs you've spewed over the past couple of months? Do you even know what bigot means?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As a play-off contender, yes. The NFC West has a real rebuilding need and several teams are facing it this year. The Cardinals will likely field 10-11 new starters. Not going to say any team in the division should be a favorite to take the NFC crown. But, I see teams going out and getting personnel that can improve them.

I don't see TE as being as unimportant a position as some might. The Cardinals landed Todd Heap. He is the 2nd leading career receiver of the Ravens. That will help you out when the deep guys don't get loose. A good blocking TE can be very important for both the running and passing game.

I see an improved division with several teams that have a realistic chance of vying for that play-off spot. Getting a wild-card spot, too, may be some years down the road.

Unfortunately, for the Seahawls, the decent QBs have already been signed for this year. If Whitehurst and Jackson are both epic fails, go for that QB next year.

Source(s): Edit: Orton really isn't likely to be available. "Jul 29 QB Kyle Orton was paid a $1.5 million roster bonus at 4 p.m. ET, reports Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post. It becomes less likely by the day that the Broncos will part with Orton. Coach John Fox said Orton is the Broncos' starting quarterback, ahead of second-year QB Tim Tebow."
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bob
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I wouldn't be so happy with that team, Marshawn Lynch has been the least productive RB anywhere he's went. So even with a QB, he has no option to hand to a RB for a decent run. The only WRW of any value is Rice--the rest aren't proven yet.

The hawks aren't a decent QB away from being contenders, they need an above average QB to carry the load for that team.

Just remember they were barely contenders last year, getting in the playoffs with a 7-9 is pathetic.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They were a serious contender last year, but suffered a meltdown at some point, before coasting in to the playoffs because of their awful division. By serious contender, I mean playoff, not Super Bowl.

Getting Andrew Luck wouldn't hurt anyone, but the Seahawks would likely have to pull off a stunt like the Falcons to get him. He could make them a contender almost immediately.

• 9 years ago

Owen Schmidt plays for the Eagles now. But if they could get a trade between the Broncos for Kyle Orton they would be in great shape for playoffs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Solid? The defense was ranked 25th in the NFL last year.

I don't see Marshawn Lynch being a 1,000 yd. RB in the NFL, and high-powered receivers have not helped the Seahawks before.

• 4 years ago

properly, if an common human weighs, say 80kg, the speed, vacationing interior the different path mandatory to flow a human might might desire to be around quite a few thousand mph ... a burp is going at approximately 20.

• No. They didn't deserve the playoffs last year.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

nope

they will go 8-8

• 9 years ago

in their division maybe. outside of it teams are just getting too good

• 9 years ago

they HAD a decent QB and sucked

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.